a few questions

Got questions? We got answers....
stomlinson

a few questions

Post by stomlinson »

Hybrid build is almost complete ") if the bike rides as well as i hope i was thinking of getting a port and polish done, has any had a kdx opened up? Did it make noticable power gains? Were there any complications? Etc.. also been looking at the baja designs squadron pro LED headlight has anyone installed one of these lights on there kdx before? Again was it a straight bolt on?
adam728
Supporting Member

Re: a few questions

Post by adam728 »

The Squadron requires DC voltage, so you'll need to convert from the stock AC output of the KDX. Here's a post right from Baja on what's needed to do it.
http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php ... tcount=253
These will be all the parts you will need in order to run a better light, but keep in mind if you are using it for a dual sport bike than you will still have to run a 35w bulb for the best efficiency. If you are using it for a race light you can run the Squadron and a few other lights. If you have any questions just let me know.

Thanks,

Gordon BD

12-6002 - KDX Stator rewind - goes from 40-80watts

12-2004 - Regulator/ Rectifier DC wired

12-0315 - Nicad Battery pack

As for porting, I used Fredette before. Hard to say what the results were, all at once I had him do porting, head mod, bored carb, and added a pipe and silencer. This was on a 220. Power before and after was night and day. LOTS more mid-to-top output, without hurting low end. Rev'd WAY higher too, top speed on GPS went from 71 to 82 mph, despite actually running 2 teeth bigger on the rear sprocket after mods. I loved that engine. Sold the bike back in 2007, have tried buying to back several times since then.