Barnett dirt digger clutch kit.

Got questions? We got answers....
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Has anyone fitted one of these kits to their bike ?

I have just purchased the full kit, however upon opening I noticed that 1 of the clutch plates is different from all the other Kevlar plates?

Any idea as to where I install it?

Toward the engine or furthest away ??? :hmm:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Barnett dirt digger clutch kit.

Post by KDXGarage »

BIKE?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
dingerjunkie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dingerjunkie »

For clarification on Jason's question (if needed)...what model? What year? It doesn't help you if I've installed one on an '89 Suzuki RMX, does it?
Theory and Practice are ALWAYS identical...theoretically...
http://www.fire-fx.net
...your theater is on...
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

I'd suspect the Cornish Wrecker is on a 220, H model. Just saying......

The point about model/year is valid though.

Did the kit not come wih instructions? It would not matter to me, I always seem to have to assemble/reassemble clutches three times to get them to right.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

If that is the case, then that is indeed a cause for concern. How many plates are there? I know some KX125's have different plates in stock form.
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Sorry guys...yes its for my 220, since having the bike `tuned` my clutch just cant cope with the extra HP even with EBC HD springs so opted for the Barnett Dirt Digger kit with Kevlar plates & stronger,longer HD springs

No instructions with the kit except for a `soak in oil before installation` sticker on the box.

The `odd` clutch plate I`m referring to has different `meat` on it compared to all the other plates in the kit, also with a larger diameter hole too..... hence me thinking :hmm:

Emailed Barnett tech department & received a swift reply stating that the `odd` plate is installed last ,over the x2 steel rings

Job done ....haven't rode it yet but the pull on the lever feels stronger. :boogie:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Thanks for letting us know. My KX125 has a different inner and outer fiber plates stock.
BlackMist

Post by BlackMist »

Keep us in the loop how it performs :pop: