Trailtech and water temp?

Got questions? We got answers....
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by s10gto »

For those who have the water inline sensor hooked up what temps do you see on average? Looking to set my hot and over temp ranges ,but I am still looking at a ton of snow. :mad: Thanks
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IDRIDR »

Good question and I'm looking forward to seeing the answer as I'll be installing a Vapor computer soon.

On my KLX250 (liquid cooled with a thermostat and fan), I set high temp at 205 and overtemp at 215 or 220. For some unidentifiable reason, the fan no longer automatically turns on so I installed a manual fan switch which I turn on when the high temp light comes on.
2003 KDX 220. RB Carb & Head Mods. Desert pipe. She's a runner!
2006 KLX 250 w/351 big bore. A well-sorted dual sporter.
2006 KLR 650. Mostly stock.
2014 Suzuki DL1000.
morganid
Supporting Member

Re: Trailtech and water temp?

Post by morganid »

I don't have a trail tech or an educated answer. My only thinking is that I try not to push my bike to hard, but when I'm really pushing my bike and it starts to boil over, that's when I stop and let it cool down, no exceptions. SO if you want your hot light to be the point you stop and let your bike cool down, I'd set the temp just under that boiling point. If you want the light come on before the shut-er-down point, set it accordingly. I'd pay attention to it this summer and tune it in to your riding style.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Mine is showing around 146° avg. I've had it up to 196° w/o boiling over.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by s10gto »

Cool Thanks. I set my hot to 200 and overtemp to 220. As a Autotech/engine builder I just set it by oldschool . May lower it with more data. Only looking for it in case of traffic as my kdx is now plated. :grin:

I did run it a little at idle since I did a new topend. Stayed @150
Last edited by s10gto on 06:27 am Mar 24 2015, edited 1 time in total.
Tioli
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Tioli »

I have a hybrid 2001 KX125 with Chinese oversized tanks. See about 190 as the recorded max. I set mine as recomended by the instructions. While riding I will look at what the temp is doing when doing a lot of low speed manuvering and it always seems well behaved.
2001 KX125 with a 1997 KDX Tioli Hp motor

My KDX journey starts at the bottom of this page:
http://www.trials.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... &start=160

Trials.com.au / Forum / All about...me! / My long time friend the prancing horse / page 9