Helped need kdx220 front brake

Got questions? We got answers....
sausages

Post by sausages »

I recently purchased a 2004 kdx220 I have a problem with the front brake and I don't know what part I need to fix it. I filled the master cylinder with brake fluid when I pull the front brake in brake fluid is seeping out from the two brake switch connections.. The fitment is standard master cylinder in front of this you have the banjo bolt and front brake hose then in front of this the light switch connection.

Please can someone tell me if I need a new switch or is it copper washers not working
Last edited by sausages on 01:28 am Mar 18 2015, edited 2 times in total.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Helped need kdx220 front brake

Post by 6 Riders »

From the sounds of it, you need new crush washers. You can find them at almost any auto parts store.
It always helps to post pictures.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

For KDX 220's in the USA, brake lights and switches were not fitted, so you most likely have aftermarket switches. The rear brake light switch can be either mechanical or hydraulic. Front needs to be hydraulic.

These require an extra crush washer, and a longer banjo bolt.

As 6 Riders said, you probably need new crush washers, but may need a new hose too. Torque spec for the banjo bolts is 18 ft-lb. Be sure to use a torque wrench when tightening these up.
sausages

Re: Helped need kdx220 front brake

Post by sausages »

Thanks guys