Another question...

Got questions? We got answers....
DirtDaddy
Supporting Member

Another question...

Post by DirtDaddy »

Are these bikes as good a trail bike as everything I read? I have always been under the impression that 2 strokes weren't that good on the trails because of no bottom end, being pipey, etc. I want a light, good handling, smooth power band, yet enough to be fun, and dependable bike. I ride mostly trails, love the Moab type stuff, and don't need or want something that will tear my arms out of their sockets every time I twist the throttle. The bike feels good sitting on it, although I am 6-2, 200 lbs. Is the bike enough for me?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

PERFECT !!!! :supz:
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

KDX's are like little green tractors. Where other 2 strokes are too pipey and hard to control wheel spin in loose and rocky terrain, the ol KDX will just motor right through

I'm 6'2" 260ish :oops:

KDX (with some extra goodies) has plenty of oomph! for me
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

When I think "trail bike", I think KDX. A KDX is not pipey, and it is "moderate power" and dependable, indeed. It is mild mannered enough for you to start out on, but can be aggressive enough for faster paced trail riding. As a suggestion on any bike you get, even a KDX, to best suit your weight, you may want to look into getting a different shock spring and a different set of fork springs.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

DD.. it will take another $300 or so in accessories to get it up to snuff.

You will want:

Stiffer front Springs (Maybe your dealer with "throw those in" to make the sale?)
Bark Busters
Skid Plate
Pipe and jetting

After that... everything else you want to add is icing.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "