where to start!

Got questions? We got answers....
burnie43

where to start!

Post by burnie43 »

Hi guys and gals
It is time for me to get my kdx200 road legal, the thing is that I have no experience in these things and I don, t know where to start so any help would be much appreciated! A step by step quude wiuld be just tge job.... :grin:
I would like to at some time add lights etc but first I want to get the basics done.
Thanks in advance
M
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

where to start!

Post by pumpguy »

I would suggest you start by checking with your state to see what is actually required.

For example, not all states require turn signals on motorcycles. My state, Illinois, requires an electrically operated horn.

Also, check on who would do the inspection for you to get a road legal title. Here in Illinois, it's the Secretary of State Police. I understand in other states you can take it to a dealer for inspection.

I also understand in some states it very difficult or darn near impossible to get a road legal title for a dirt bike. I also understand it's possible to get a road legal title from another state, and then have it transferred to you in your state.

Once you have this information, you can set out your game plan. Also, do a search here on this site. This subject has come up many times in the past.
AriaSmax

Re: where to start!

Post by AriaSmax »

Practically the same question as burnie43, but I'm from Stockholm. I'm inheriting a KDX200 from my brother. I've had one electro-mechanic from elfpro take a look at it. it's practically easy to get it road legal here, albeit lots of restrictions once you're already driving I think. Lol..