MX Rear fender

Got questions? We got answers....
NM_KDX200

MX Rear fender

Post by NM_KDX200 »

Anyone know if this will fit a post-95 KDX?

I'm bidding on the UFO front plate they have and it would be good to combine shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... _Stores_IT
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I wouldn't even try it... no plastics from a KX fit a KDX other than a KX500 rear fender fitting a pre-95 KDX.

Front fenders are universal I believe.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:I wouldn't even try it... no plastics from a KX fit a KDX other than a KX500 rear fender fitting a pre-95 KDX.
I've been busy with the Search button over on "that other site" and that's what I found out, too. Oh well. No biggie.

BTW- I was working on my bike to really check it out after my H.S. crash and found:

1) brake side bark buster twisted at clamp.
2) bent handlebars (at the clamp)
3) front headlight mount smashed flat. One sticks out at 90 deg, the other is mashed flat.
4) headlight shell is, of course, totally busted.

Everything else looks okay.

Here's a teeny-tiny picture of me:
http://www.mxphotography.com/mxphoto/11 ... ktm-kx.jpg
0105, bottom row, 2nd from left. This was on the first lap, 'cause prior to that, my light was busted. You can see the 2nd lap here:
http://www.mxphotography.com/mxphoto/11 ... /kx-kx.jpg
Number 0373. I know this is the 2nd lap because I'm cradling my number plate to get it back to the pit stop area. I have my goggles up on my helmet to get some fresh air to my bruised face. Notice that I'm not in the air this time... :grin:
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

NM, what level of fit are you looking for on a "hare scramble style" :grin: rear fender? If you are wanting direct bolt-on, then, NO, only the Maeir brand "hare scramble style" rear fender will do.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

Oh, I was just thinking that it would look kind of dumb to have a tail light on the back and regular plate on the front. I'm not willing to spend $50 on a Maier, so I think I'll either get an Acerbis DHH or just keep surfing ebay until a stock shell shows up (and there's a beat-up one there now....). However, IF I ever race another H.S. on the KDX, I don't want the lights (450F roost) and would need a plain plate. I need to order new handlebars so maybe I'll just toss in a new KX125 plate ($16) and cut that up. Then, when I go riding i the woods, I'll mount the headlight and IF (and that's a big IF!) I ride another H.S. thing, I'll put the chopped up KX plate on for that, assuming I don't just ride the KX125 or have a KX250 or KTM200 by then (IF there is a "then".... :grin: ). So many options! Agonizing over them is half the fun, though.

I think I'll just leave the rear fender alone, although I definitely am taking the tool bag off again. I've been running for a couple of months now and it gets in the way. It was a major reason I couldn't get thru those whoops very well- it make a perfect butt-stop! I'm going to mount my tools somewhere else- behind the front plate or something.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Ahh, that wonderful roost. I caught some of that at 45 mph when someone blew by me at 60+ mph. I found out what a chest protector is for. :oops:

I am planning on doing another enduro. When I do, I am going to switch to no headlight and maye no taillight. I won't need a light, and like you found out, it can be expensive to replace.

Which UFO style numberplate are you looking at? Is it a universal fit, or one for a specific year of KX?

I have a UFO early '90's style numberplate. I'll check to see if it fits the '95+ triple clamps. I am doing a KX fork swap for someone and have his triple clamps here.

EDIT: THe holes don't line up perfectly, but can be re-drilled for a "cut-stom fit". :grin:
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
Jason wrote: Which UFO style numberplate are you looking at? Is it a universal fit, or one for a specific year of KX?
This one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT
I've got the top bid on it so far. He's got a green one just like it, but I like the accent of white number plate and white handguards on green KDX. I'm buckng the black trend.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Bucker! :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Ah, OK. I have seen those before. Thanks for pointing it out.