gas stops flowing when hose is hooked to carb.

Got questions? We got answers....
superman27e

gas stops flowing when hose is hooked to carb.

Post by superman27e »

Went to start my bike and it didn't start. Checked spark, filter and everything checked out. Checked fuel flow with hose off carb, it was fine. Hooked hose on carb, and no flow. Cleaned the carbs, took the jets out and cleaned them. Checked float level, etc.

I put carb back together and forgot to put the float back in, and gas obviously leaked from the over flow tube, so I know without the float, gas goes all the way through. Put the float back in, and I saw gas flowing through the hose. (I have transparent hoses.) Tried to start it, but nothing. Took hose off, still good flow. Put hose back on and no flow. Any suggestions? I even have the cap off as I'm trying to get flow. Still nothing.

I just installed my desert pipe and wanna test it out. :p
superman27e

Re: gas stops flowing when hose is hooked to carb.

Post by superman27e »

I found that it was the throttle cable. Forgot to screw it all the way in on the throttle assembly and it was flooding itself.

Annnd in the process of putting my new kips part on to replace the broken piece, I now have a torn gasket, oil leak and my kips still doesn't work. So needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed right now.

Oh well. I fix it all tomorrow and put my new pipe back on.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Damn...
Rough night. :sad:
superman27e

Post by superman27e »

GI_JO_NATHAN wrote:Damn...
Rough night. :sad:

Yea, man. I'm just glad I didn't break anything on my bike due to being so annoyed.