HELP!

Got questions? We got answers....
bone7615

HELP!

Post by bone7615 »

I broke a ez out off where the case saver is suppose to be. I was extracting a broke bolt of course and bam 5 secs into it.I know that hole is useless now. Any ideas how to get a case saver attached without looking like crap.
If you had a choice to date supermodels for the rest of your life or ride dirt bikes, would you choose a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke?
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: HELP!

Post by ohgood »

bone7615 wrote:I broke a ez out off where the case saver is suppose to be. I was extracting a broke bolt of course and bam 5 secs into it.I know that hole is useless now. Any ideas how to get a case saver attached without looking like crap.
take it to a machine shop, after you promise to never buy or use sleezyouts again. it might cost you 20$ or $100, and a lot of face palms from the machinist that fixes it, but worth every penny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Damn that sucks....

Yeah sometimes it's best to just do the right thing.
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

There are two bolts that hold that case saver and the cover on, I believe. I don't think either bolt goes through to pull the cases together.

If it were me, I would consider cleaning up the area, grinding everything flush and flat, and JB welding that case saver on using the one remaining bolt. Not a great fix.

I hate EZ Outs almost as much as busted bolts
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

HELP!

Post by canamfan »

You know I always take the case savers off every bike I've had. I have never broken a chain but I have seen others that have broken a chain and then it wads up and rips the case saver off pulling out a chunk of the crankcase with it. Then you have a bigger problem, with oil leaking out. With out the case saver in place there is usually more room for the chain to ball up or sling it's way around if it breaks. If it does hit the ignition cover, there a lot cheaper then a case. Others may have a different experience.
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

HELP!

Post by kx200 »

I too have never run a case saver, but I get a new chain every year too.
bone7615

Post by bone7615 »

I never thought of that forget the case saver then thanks guys
If you had a choice to date supermodels for the rest of your life or ride dirt bikes, would you choose a 2-stroke or a 4-stroke?
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

never took one off and never broke a chain so I don't know if your better of with them or without them

having said that, if the good people at Kawasaki think I need a case saver im keeping them on
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
AlexNGreen
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by AlexNGreen »

Ez outs are a gimmick. Never had one work on a tough bolt. Left hand drill bits is where its at. Don't use cutting oil and use lots of pressure and slower speed for big chips that catch and turn the broken fastener out.
Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Dekon »

AlexNGreen wrote:Ez outs are a gimmick. Never had one work on a tough bolt. Left hand drill bits is where its at. Don't use cutting oil and use lots of pressure and slower speed for big chips that catch and turn the broken fastener out.
+1
bone7615

Post by bone7615 »

Rite on, I feel a lot better about my problem. I change the chain and sprockets every season anyway.