How to? Polisport Halo Halogen Headlight (electrical)?

Got questions? We got answers....
luckyirishkid7

Post by luckyirishkid7 »

Hello,
So I have a 1994 KDX200. I just recently purchased the Polisport Halo Halogen headlight. This headlight has the 3 prong connection and on my stock 94 KDX200 doesnt have a 3 prong hookup. How do I go about on making this work? Will I even be able to use this light with the stock stator? Says this headlight has a 12V / 35W halogen lamp.

Here is a link to the headlight I ordered:
http://www.polisport.com/motorbikes/produtos.php?ID=40

Here is a link to the wiring diagram(the HALO one): http://www.polisport.com/motorbikes/img ... AN0089.jpg

I dont know anything when it comes down to electrical so please excuse my noob questions and I have been driving myself up the wall trying to figure it out and I am having no luck :evil: :rolleyes:

Any help and info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: How to? Polisport Halo Halogen Headlight (electrical)?

Post by s10gto »

Hi Dan, There is three prongs as it has high and low beam. The KDX does not. All you got to do is wire the ground as shown in dia. and then pick one of the other prongs for the power. I would use the high beam prong. If you would like high and low beam you will need to get a new switch. That light will work fine with your stator. I use the same headlight on my YZ250 with just a custom 14.4V battery. Good for a couple hours if i get caught in the dark. Hope this helps.
luckyirishkid7

Post by luckyirishkid7 »

Ok thanks! I ended up having a coworker come help me and we ended up buying a female 3 prong plug from the auto parts store and I tied in the high beam and ground and the light works perfect! Such a big relief off my chest now Lol
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by s10gto »

Cool! Thats just how I did my yz using the 3 prong plug. Just in case you can put a connector on the high wire and the low wire that in not in use. This way if you blow the high bulb on the trail a simple wire swap will get you out of the woods. :grin:
Rippin_RobMX

Post by Rippin_RobMX »

luckyirishkid7 wrote:Ok thanks! I ended up having a coworker come help me and we ended up buying a female 3 prong plug from the auto parts store and I tied in the high beam and ground and the light works perfect! Such a big relief off my chest now Lol
Did you happen to have any pictures of your bike with the new headlight? I'm thinking about getting one my self.
hbgod

Post by hbgod »

I have one on my bike. its pretty nice, has a running light and a hi/lo beam.
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!