WHOA What a hit

Got questions? We got answers....
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Re: WHOA What a hit

Post by JFortner5 »

If that doesn't work out, I have a torque pipe and I want to trade it for a rev pipe. Mine is a 220 that's why I want the rev.

It's in very good condition.

Joey

2003 KDX 220R
ridinredneck

Post by ridinredneck »

JFortner5 wrote:If that doesn't work out, I have a torque pipe and I want to trade it for a rev pipe. Mine is a 220 that's why I want the rev.

ok thanks
ridinredneck

Post by ridinredneck »

6 Riders wrote:Yeah, evil_tim13@yahoo.com
email sent. titled rev pipe pics
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I responded to your E-Mail. My only concern is the cost of shipping, which could be VERY expensive. But I'm still interested.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

The stock ratio of 13/47 seems to work best given the tranny ratios. I found 13/50 made 3rd gear too short and 1st way less usefull.

Just something to consider
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
ridinredneck

Post by ridinredneck »

KarlP wrote:The stock ratio of 13/47 seems to work best given the tranny ratios. I found 13/50 made 3rd gear too short and 1st way less usefull.

Just something to consider
i considered that but i am 220 pounds and just wanted a little lower gearing for hills. i rarely use first gear anyway unless its a tricky uphill.
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

WHOA What a hit

Post by IDRIDR »

What's the largest front sprocket available that fits the KDX?

I have a 51 rear I'd like to move to the KDX, and I like changing front sizes depending on the ride. Large front for fast desert rides, small one for the gnar mountain trail rides.
2003 KDX 220. RB Carb & Head Mods. Desert pipe. She's a runner!
2006 KLX 250 w/351 big bore. A well-sorted dual sporter.
2006 KLR 650. Mostly stock.
2014 Suzuki DL1000.
gymer99

Post by gymer99 »

JFortner5 wrote:If that doesn't work out, I have a torque pipe and I want to trade it for a rev pipe. Mine is a 220 that's why I want the rev.

I've got a Gnarly desert Gold Series on my 03 200 I'd be interested in trading for a woods pipe, if your interested let me know and we'll exchange info. Can you tell me the last 2 numbers on the model# stamped on the upper mounting bracket on your pipe? Mine is 56
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Post by JFortner5 »

I think it's 57. I looked up the number on FMF's site and it's the torque pipe. It measures 13"around.
Joey

2003 KDX 220R
gymer99

Post by gymer99 »

I think mine is in very good condition, I'll look it over and take some pics to make sure, you can email me at gymer99@hotmail.com to share contact info, I can either email or text pictures and we can proceed from there if we choose.
Thanks
Jim R
gymer99

Post by gymer99 »

JFortner5 wrote:I think it's 57. I looked up the number on FMF's site and it's the torque pipe. It measures 13"around.
I tried to PM you but wasn't able to, I took a few pictures of the pipe. If your interested just let me know
JFortner5
Supporting Member

Post by JFortner5 »

I'm not sure why it won't work, just email me.

JFortner5@msn.com
Joey

2003 KDX 220R
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Have you tried 14-47? I've heard it help smooth it out as well. I find that the stock gearing is crap for my type of riding. Second hits the powerband way too early (so too slow), while third hits it too late for an actual trail. I have a spare 14 tooth sprocket I've been meaning to try as I've heard they're good.
ridinredneck

Post by ridinredneck »

Bitteeinit wrote:Have you tried 14-47? I've heard it help smooth it out as well. I find that the stock gearing is crap for my type of riding. Second hits the powerband way too early (so too slow), while third hits it too late for an actual trail. I have a spare 14 tooth sprocket I've been meaning to try as I've heard they're good.
i like keeping the gearing low for my type of riding. i have it pretty much where i want it right now and its smooth as butter
ridinredneck

Post by ridinredneck »

6 Riders wrote:I responded to your E-Mail. My only concern is the cost of shipping, which could be VERY expensive. But I'm still interested.
sent ya an email with shipping costs. thanks
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The DEL is quite a bit smoother than the CEL needle, as well. The CEL is fun for a little while, but I always switch back to the DEL for any serious trail riding.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Julien D wrote:The DEL is quite a bit smoother than the CEL needle, as well. The CEL is fun for a little while, but I always switch back to the DEL for any serious trail riding.
Well we're on the subject.
Do you know much about the CEK that comes in the carb from RB?
ridinredneck

WHOA What a hit

Post by ridinredneck »

i have never tried the CEK needle. i do have the REV Pipe for sale now. its boxed up and ready to ship. i will have it listed in the for sale section with info.