1990 headlight

Got questions? We got answers....
kdx2oo

1990 headlight

Post by kdx2oo »

Hey guys i was out riding late at night and i would like a brighter headlight and i really would prefer blue or white is this possible to get like a really bright white or blue headlight?? and where shall i get this from ?
Living the good life :)
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 1990 headlight

Post by 6 Riders »

You can put an H4 halogen in there and wire tie it to keep it secure. You'll have to change the wiring to plug into the H4 also. You're stator isn't really meant to run the 35 (or higher) watt bulbs, but I have done this to my 93 and it works fine. The headlight housing itself is not a great reflector, so YMMV as far as the beam goes.
I am getting ready to convert mine over to DC and run a LED headlight...just to see how it works. That is IF I get off of my lazy but to get it done.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
kdx2oo

Post by kdx2oo »

if i upgrade to a better lighting coil would that do fine with a new bulb and is there any newer face plastics out there that will hold it and reflect better i was planning on replacing that as well.
Living the good life :)
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Yes, you can rewind the stator, and should, to pull more light. I run a 35/35 on my rewound 95 and it works fine, but the blinkers are slow to come on (full street kit). You can buy almost any after market headlight that uses straps to hold it onto the forks. For best light a DOT kit would be ideal. If you go this route, make sure you get the light before buying bulbs, as they are not all the same. This kit http://www.mx1west.com/acerbisheadlight ... black.aspx would work (or something like it) but I don't know what bulbs would fit (if any but stock).
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
frogy130@hotmail.com

Post by frogy130@hotmail.com »

Just found there is a High output low Watt led replacement bulb now for the KDX and most enduro bikes. The KDX has a H6m base and you need the plug and play rectifier because our system is still AC.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/3 ... _p_97.html

I am going to be ordering one soon and if all goes well will be getting another for the wifes bike.

Not real cheap at $85 but cheaper then getting h4 and a stator rewind and you can run low and high beams.

FYI it will need some wiring as the connector will be different.

Ed