Replating (it won't let me post to my old topic?)

Got questions? We got answers....
Drussell

Post by Drussell »

Got it back together and did a heat cycle. Waited yo the next day and did a load cycle. IT WAS RUNNING LIKE CRAP!!! Set the float height in the carb (suppose to be between 14 to 18 mm, it was like it the late 20s to early 30s!). And it RIPS again! I'm so happy it runs and rides good! Cosmeticly it looks okay. Never did get around to dieing the tank. Next rebuild I'll paint the frame, get new radiator guards, and do the tank or get a new tank.

I appreciate the help here and the air filter advice! I feel like the oiled foam filter will much better protect my engine.

Next on the list is to fix the governor for the kips. The shaft coming from the clutch side is spinning separate from the motor
Drussell

Post by Drussell »

The black on the swing arm btw is from when we let it sit over night, we left the gas turned on.... The carb lines somehow got turned upwards and it filled the bike with gas! Once we got it to kick over, it proceded to throw up gas in one explosive throw on to my brothers shop door :lol: I didn't get to see it happen but the aftermath lol Setting the float height correctly still didnt fix the leaky carb when it leans on the kick stand. Didn't expect it to I guess but one can hope.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Replating (it won't let me post to my old topic?)

Post by KDXGarage »

Congrats on getting it going again. Now, go clean that door. :lol:
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128