what is the best sprocket for under 70 bucks?

Got questions? We got answers....
the trail rider

what is the best sprocket for under 70 bucks?

Post by the trail rider »

i am planning on getting a new sprocket but i want one that will last me a few years and not cost a ton. also they have to be good sprockets. thanks :grin:
fulltiltboogie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by fulltiltboogie »

Sunstar Z sprocket. About $30...lasts forever.....totally cool looking

Blend the durability of steel sprockets with the weight advantages of aluminum. Special heat quenching process creates double the tooth hardness of an ordinary steel sprocket.Five times harder than Aluminum.
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Any steel sprocket will last way longer than an aluminum sprocket. However, wear is also determined by other factors than quality and material of the sprocket. If you use a worn chain or worn front sprocket...even a $100 Iron man sprocket will wear rather quickly. Chian maintanance, type of riding, and riding conditions all will affect sprocket life.

The above mentioned Z sprocket is a good choice. Personally, I've had a DID O-ring chain and JT steel sprockets on for about 1 year. It was about $120 for both sprockets and the chain. That's been around 1300 miles of ST. I've had to adjust the chain only once and they still look new.

Later
Robb
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
the trail rider

Post by the trail rider »

man that is a good price a good sunstar sprocket for 45 bucks.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Sidwinder Tri-Metal sprokets are about the coolest looking things around and last forever. They are listed in the DirtRider mag as a direct sale from the manufacturer for $79. A bit more than you wanted to spend, but they are great looking and run a long time. I've got well over 1000 miles on mine with a RK X-ring chain. Chain will need to be changed soon; maybe another 500 miles or so, I'd say. I posted thier phone # on a thread here somewhere. Try searching and if you can't find it, I'll try looking it up again. BTW, the KTM sprocket is an exact match to the KDX and the KX hubs.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
89kdx200rdr
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by 89kdx200rdr »

sidewinder
1989 KDX 200
2003 KX 250
2006 KX 250F