All this spooge is killing me! Pictures inside.

Got questions? We got answers....
superman27e

Post by superman27e »

argclh6670 wrote:OP, getting anywhere with the spooge problem? My sons 95 spooges alot too, even right after new seals. Ill be following your thread to see what youve tried.
argclh6670 wrote:OP, getting anywhere with the spooge problem? My sons 95 spooges alot too, even right after new seals. Ill be following your thread to see what youve tried.

Nothing yet. When you say seals, do you mean the crank seals, or the counter shaft seal that I'm replacing?

Are you still running stock jets in the bike? They come real rich from the factory.
KDXhopeful
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: All this spooge is killing me! Pictures inside.

Post by KDXhopeful »

I purchased a 2005 kdx 200 for my son this spring. First 2 stroke in the family. It spooged a lot. Did a bit of on-line reading a talked to a few people and ended up using Motul 710 mixed at 32:1 and have very little spooge. Like almost none. Bike runs great on it. It doesn't smoke much either as it is a low smoke oil. I also use there 10w 40 Transiol. Love em both.
Whoa that was close!!! Damn kid is too fast for me to try and keep up to.
05 Kawasaki KDX 200
07 Yamaha xt 225
superman27e

Re: All this spooge is killing me! Pictures inside.

Post by superman27e »

KDXhopeful wrote:I purchased a 2005 kdx 200 for my son this spring. First 2 stroke in the family. It spooged a lot. Did a bit of on-line reading a talked to a few people and ended up using Motul 710 mixed at 32:1 and have very little spooge. Like almost none. Bike runs great on it. It doesn't smoke much either as it is a low smoke oil. I also use there 10w 40 Transiol. Love em both.

I was under the impression that I could use the cheapest pre mix oil as we do the same for the trans oil. I was informed that is not that case, haha.

I was using the cheapest oil I could find. It was $2. I'm sure it had a really high flash point, and was not getting burned off. Thus causing all my spooge.

I'm gonna get some good stuff when I put her back together and see what happens.
argclh6670
Supporting Member

Post by argclh6670 »

superman27e wrote:

Nothing yet. When you say seals, do you mean the crank seals, or the counter shaft seal that I'm replacing?

Are you still running stock jets in the bike? They come real rich from the factory.
Yeah, the crank seals, its not losing any trans oil.....ive leaned it out on the jetting. 38Pj 155mj stock needle top clip position. He usually rides trails, but he took it to the track the other weekend and ran it pretty hard all the unburnt oil in pipe was smoking like crazy when he stopped n shut it down along with spooge pouring out silencer. I personally didnt see it doing this but im not surprised by the mess thats all over the swing arm.
superman27e

Post by superman27e »

argclh6670 wrote:
superman27e wrote:

Yeah, the crank seals, its not losing any trans oil.....ive leaned it out on the jetting. 38Pj 155mj stock needle top clip position. He usually rides trails, but he took it to the track the other weekend and ran it pretty hard all the unburnt oil in pipe was smoking like crazy when he stopped n shut it down along with spooge pouring out silencer. I personally didnt see it doing this but im not surprised by the mess thats all over the swing arm.

Has he messed with the idle or air screw at all? I would take a look at the jetting guide and go through that. Also, how's the air filter and carb? Are they clean? There could be a small piece of trash in the tiny hole on the jets. I'd check those too. Make sure float height. is also within spec.

There are tons of reasons. Just gotta go through them all until you find the problem. I know how aggravating it can be, but once you get it right, you'll know.