tubBliss-ful Christmas

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX_Johnny

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by KDX_Johnny »

Before I go and treat myself to a Christmas gift. I wanted to make a point to ask. TUBLISS? Any good? Ups and downs? I hear nothing but great reviews but I wanted to ask the KDX guys themselves. I'm really leaning towards them.
Just a square trying to ram myself into that circular hole...
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by IDRIDR »

I've used them for about four good rides this summer on the KLX. The nicest thing was throwing it at big rocks and not hearing rim bashing rings while still running about 10 - 11 psi. You'll want a good high-psi mountain bike tire pump or similar to get the 100-110 psi. I carry a topeak mountain morph. I ride with a guy who won't use tubliss as he claims to have seen unexpected failure, but then again he's seen that with tubes also. Proper installation is critical. I'm a fan so far.
2003 KDX 220. RB Carb & Head Mods. Desert pipe. She's a runner!
2006 KLX 250 w/351 big bore. A well-sorted dual sporter.
2006 KLR 650. Mostly stock.
2014 Suzuki DL1000.
KDX_Johnny

Post by KDX_Johnny »

That was my main concern! Does that pump make 100psi? Do you have the mini the standard or the turbo?
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IDRIDR »

I have the Topeak Mountain Morph. Not mini or turbo. May be the standard model? Another KLX rider and tubliss user recommended this model to me and I'm happy. It fits in my Ogio flight vest just fine. Claimed weight is 8.8 oz with 160 psi capacity. It is not a gage model. I can feel pretty well when I'm in the 100-110 psi range and carry high pressure and low pressure gages. Nuetech recommends checking pressure before every ride and changing out the high pressure tube every year I think.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/MountainMorph
2014 Suzuki DL1000.
KDX_Johnny

Post by KDX_Johnny »

Any idea how much the replacement would cost?
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IDRIDR »

2014 Suzuki DL1000.
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by kx200 »

Its a good idea to put some slime or ride flat in. If you get a thorn or something else you still will have a flat tire. It just stays on the rim with tubliss.
IDRIDR
Gold Member
Gold Member

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by IDRIDR »

kx200 wrote:Its a good idea to put some slime or ride flat in. If you get a thorn or something else you still will have a flat tire. It just stays on the rim with tubliss.
A lot of riders take this approach and neutech has specific instructions for it. The standard mounting approach is to use a LOT of watered down dish detergent to help things seal up. You squirt it into the wheel about every 3rd or 4th spoke on both sides and bounce it around. This leaves a lot of soapy fluid in the tire that neutech claims counteracts with the ride flat products. So you're not supposed to use the dish detergent and just use a lot of ride flat instead during mounting.

I dislike slime or ride flat products in my motorcycle tires and instead carry a tubless tire repair kit with the plugs.
2014 Suzuki DL1000.
Marky360mark

Post by Marky360mark »

I've been using tubliss for 3 years now 10 psi in front and back I use slim for just in case and carrie tire plugs if I put a stick through the tire but no big deal if you don't want to carrie them I got a flat while doing a desert race and did 210 km with a flat front tyre 1 small dint in rim I did another desert race using a mousse tube cut the mousse up and dinted the rim bad so I recommend tubliss.
Dust & noise racing
KDX_Johnny

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by KDX_Johnny »

EVERYBODY MUST BUY TUBLISS. DO NOT MESS WITH TUBES ANYMORE. GO TUBLISS. Easy to install. Everything just worked and fit right. Comes with everything's you need. AND THE PERFORMANCE IS LIKE NONE OTHER. Just for the pure and simple fact that not only does it hook up and take off. But it keeps pulling because of all of the ritational mass you just dropped. Phenomenal product. Hands down the best $200 I've spent in a while.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

I have yet to install the set up I bought a while back.
Looking forward to trying it out.

Only thing I'll warn people about is that you need to have new tires, or at least tires that have never seen a rim lock.
ohgood
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by ohgood »

GI_JO_NATHAN wrote:I have yet to install the set up I bought a while back.

Only thing I'll warn people about is that you need to have new tires, or at least tires that have never seen a rim lock.
ohhhhh this is interesting. hadn't thought about that. I wonder if it's possible to seat the bead again after a tire has gotten dirty or muddy, say roadside repair?
hmm
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

ohgood wrote:
GI_JO_NATHAN wrote:I have yet to install the set up I bought a while back.

ohhhhh this is interesting. hadn't thought about that. I wonder if it's possible to seat the bead again after a tire has gotten dirty or muddy, say roadside repair?
hmm
I think it will be a little iffy.

I'm still debating about using the Stans sealer.
KDX_Johnny

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by KDX_Johnny »

I had MT81 tires with 6ish hours on them... I just reused them hahaha. I'm not having any issues. I just rode another 3 hours yeaterday. TUBLISS + MT81 is the best combo I have ever run and I will never change.
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

Nice!
Is that a trials tire? Not familiar with it, and my Google fu must be weak right now.
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by pumpguy »

Hey KDX_Johnny, Could you possibly mean AT81 tire? Couldn't find anything called an MT81 tire.

Just curious.
KDX_Johnny

tubBliss-ful Christmas

Post by KDX_Johnny »

My apologies. Yes AT81. It's more of a wide spread trials pattern. Look them up! Phenomenal tire! I even got a $20 rebate haha