36 HP ?

Got questions? We got answers....
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

36 HP ?

Post by frenche200 »

cornishwrecker220 wrote:
AFTER THE TUNE WITH PORTS MATCHED HEAD & PISTON MODDED ALTERED TIMING JETTING DIALED IN..
Can you explain me what's that "ports matched"? is it alignment of the "holes" of the cylinder and the crankcase ?
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
cornishwrecker220

36 HP ?

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Basically the tuner took the measurements of the ports & worked out what was the correct dimensions to maximise the performance of my engine ( port timing ) ports are then shaped & enlarged then polished to the spec required & for the state of tune..I asked for a good smooth non aggressive hit with more power toward the top end ... The cylinder head squish was cut & then re shaped.
adam728
Supporting Member

Re: 36 HP ?

Post by adam728 »

Something was definitely out of wack on the before dyno. Jetting WAY off, rings absolutely shot, etc. Stock should be 27-29 hp at the wheel from what I've seen.
cornishwrecker220

36 HP ?

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Like I mentioned before, I was surprised by the original Bhp reading of 25.1..as measly as that sounds.the bike had always run well & pulled good....at a guess would say it felt more like the 30ish Bhp mark..I replaced the piston sometime in that year ( yes it was the original Kawasaki piston with around 7000 miles on it... Took it out & it still looked good contrary to belief ) the main bearings were on the way out which is what made me decide to go for the full rebuild & tune perhaps this is why the original Bhp reading was low?...I did a 3 day 100+ mile per day off road guided tour prior to the rebuild with these grumbling bearings... Despite this the old girl never missed a beat....these bikes are as hard as chuck Norris! :grin: