2001 KDX 220 Exhaust Questions.

Got questions? We got answers....
abhijitz

2001 KDX 220 Exhaust Questions.

Post by abhijitz »

I recently purchased a KDX220 and was refused at Carnegie 2 weeks ago to ride because the spark arrestor mesh was bigger. (see pic #2).

I checked at the Carnegie store and they did not have anything for the OEM Exhaust, told me i could just wrap with a thinner screen.

In Pic #3 it shows the grill that sits like a cap on top of the barrel. Could i just cut an end of a mesh metal strainer and put it on top like a cap ? [The metal strainers are usually thicker material] OR, should i go to the hardware store and get a thin mesh sheet.

Any other suggestions/solutions?

PS 1 - If i have to look for an alternate pipe, what would it be?

PS 2 - That packing material inside, is there any specific name to it? If i were to repack/replace it, any off the shelf will do?

#1 PIC :
I recently purchased a KDX220 and was refused at Carnegie 2 weeks ago to ride because the spark arrestor mesh was bigger. (see pic #2).

I checked at the Carnegie store and they did not have anything for the OEM Exhaust, told me i could just wrap with a thinner screen.

In Pic #3 it shows the grill that sits like a cap on top of the barrel. Could i just cut an end of a mesh metal strainer and put it on top like a cap ? [The metal strainers are usually thicker material] OR, should i go to the hardware store and get a thin mesh sheet.

Any other suggestions/solutions?

PS 1 - If i have to look for an alternate pipe, what would it be?

PS 2 - That packing material inside, is there any specific name to it? If i were to repack/replace it, any off the shelf will do?

#1 PIC :

#2 PIC :

#3 PIC :