kdx200 no spark while kicking what other electronics fit

Got questions? We got answers....
89liftedxj

kdx200 no spark while kicking what other electronics fit

Post by 89liftedxj »

1986 kdx 200 no or light spark while kicking swapped three coils i had still the same issue new plugs etc put a cordless drill on flywheel to spin motor fast it starts sparking at higher rpms and gets brighter and brighter

86-88 motor thats in my trike need help fixing this issue
\
would it be the flywheel or stator coil or both

ohm meter says .063 on stator wires

please help

will tecate 3 parts fit or 85 kdx200 parts???

oh and i need a carb boot for a 86 kdx200 but it must angle to the left side to clear my shock i bought a kx250 one but the 2 outer holes wont work top and bottom do
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Re: kdx200 no spark while kicking what other electronics fit

Post by Jaguar »

I had an 89 Honda CR250 with little or no spark at idle speed. Found out that was a common problem with them and that the flywheel had to be replaced. In your case since that is expensive unless you can find a good used one then consider buying a new stator coil or rewinding the one you have. Stator coils can output lower than normal voltage if they have a short which only shorts out a section of the total coil. Best to find out what the normal AC voltage is out of them at slow speed so you'll know what to look for when testing yours.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
89liftedxj

Post by 89liftedxj »

thanks for the reply im picking up what your putting down but 86-88 kdx200 stators and flywheels are scarce from what i see i found a 85 kdx200 flywheel but i dont know if it will work i may send it all to ricky stator and have him re do it i gotta call today
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

You might try Freddette at Fredette Racing Products. He had developed a solution to the flywheel problems on that era of bikes, as I recall
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy