Recommended Handlebars?

Got questions? We got answers....
Bdub200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Recommended Handlebars?

Post by Bdub200 »

While installing my new Acerbis hand guards on my 06 200, I noticed a PO had busted a threading die in the right end of the bar! At least he had the decency to cover it up with new grips :doh: I doubt if I can chip it out and know a drill would be useless, so thinking I need new handlebars.

I ride a mix of ugly rutty, rocky woods and more open trails with hill climbs, but am an average rider and have always gone with stock bars. Recommendations? Always appreciate the collective members wisdom!
Bdub200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Recommended Handlebars?

Post by Bdub200 »

Oh and I am 5'6' but would not mind a bit taller bars. need to change much with fat bars or does everything attach ok?

Thanks!

Bdub
KDX_Johnny

Recommended Handlebars?

Post by KDX_Johnny »

I prefer the Renthal 7/8 CR high bend in black. Then I mount them at a 70* pitch and use the FRP quad mount to keep it straight and tight. I'm 5'9" so I feel your pain in the vertically challenged aspect of tall bars. But if you go too tall you'll lose the technical turning feel and ability because we are so short and you'll be stretching out and be more likely to dump the bike. (What I have noticed from experience). I love fatbars, I put them on all my MX bikes. But I found no reason to use fatbars on my KDX because I'm not ever going to dump the bike at 40mph and upgrading all of the components would be a waste of money in my honest opinion.
Just a square trying to ram myself into that circular hole...
chippy

Post by chippy »

+1 on the Renthal 7/8" CR high bend. My favorite for the last 10 years! ( I like the silver color though )
Bdub200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Bdub200 »

thanks KDX Johnny (and Chippy)! this is exactly the advice I was looking for. I had too many choices and too little knowledge, and this is great. Much appreciated!
Bdub200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Bdub200 »

One last question: does the CR mean Honda? Can not find a match for "Renthal 7/8 CR high bend", but I am thinking the Honda bars might be the answer. Thanks!
Bdub200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Bdub200 »

Got it ordered- thanks again.
KDX_Johnny

Recommended Handlebars?

Post by KDX_Johnny »

ENJOY!
Just a square trying to ram myself into that circular hole...