Ex. B class motocross racer buying KDX 200, but which one!?

Got questions? We got answers....
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Ex. B class motocross racer buying KDX 200, but which on

Post by Tedh98 »

FWIW, I run a 155 main and 40 pilot jet at 700-1000ft. The 155 is a little rich in the summer and perfect during the winter.

Do you know if you can get jets locally?
Eric Walls

Post by Eric Walls »

Tedh98 wrote:FWIW, I run a 155 main and 40 pilot jet at 700-1000ft. The 155 is a little rich in the summer and perfect during the winter.

Do you know if you can get jets locally?
I live about 30 miles from Iron Pony Motorsports which I think is the biggest motorcycle, atv, utv superstore in the country,.........I should be able to get anything and everything there.
I may just re-jet to your specs an start testing from there,.................or just say hell with it and send the carb out to have "RB" mod an rejet it for me so I will know its correct
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

It is best to follow the jetting guide. You always want to start rich and work your way lean.

Two of the same bikes, ridden on the same trails can have different jetting specs.

I was asking about getting jets locally vs. ordering because it might impact how many you get at first. But at 30 miles, I would think you'd want to treat that as having to order them and get 2 or 3 of each jet to cover your bases.

But all of this is getting a little ahead of itself. I would first take the carb out and find out what jets are currently in there so you know what you are starting with.
Bitteeinit

Post by Bitteeinit »

Which "2 or 3" jets should be ordered before starting to jet? What I mean is, which jets should one make sure to have before starting the process?
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Tedh98 »

I would try the three sizes down from where you are. So if you are at 160, get the 158, 155, 153 (don't hold me to those numbers).

Maybe you don't need them all, but driving 60 miles roundtrip or paying again for shipping and having to wait for one jet isn't fun.
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

RB does great work. He also squish ports the head for a few extra $$$. Those two mods at the same time makes the bike MUCH snappier.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
masterblaster

Post by masterblaster »

Congrats on your purchase I highly recommend replacing the piston going through the kips, throwing an fmf on the beast and jet out accordingly,the gains cannot be over stated. I came from a similar background 125 b d27 I was just going to ride mine in the woods behind my house and now....I'm training for the 30+b class at my local track watch yourself the racing bug fades but never really leaves lol.
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kx200 »

before you re-jet get a fmf or pro circuit pipe then you can mess around with jetting
GI_JO_NATHAN
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by GI_JO_NATHAN »

So it's been a little while.
How's the bike coming along?