Help needed. Any brains to pick about my issue

Got questions? We got answers....
mongral

Post by mongral »

I just got me an 06 kdx 200 but shes not what she should be. Low down torque isnt there and I got a splutter rite up until 3rd with absolutely no torque or top end revs. Once in 3 thats when she runs a little better but still not like she should.

While idling when I can get her to idle I hear a knock from the head. Also when hot it doesnt want to idle at all. Just kills over on me.

I have cleaned carb out totally. Dismantled and blown out with compressed air.

Now I cant adjust the damn carb. Idle screw doesnt have any effect and air screw neither. I have bought a new plug , changed tranny oil, filled up tank and mixed 40:1 with bel-ray 2t. She smokes a little on low revs but tops seems fine.

I assume all jets are still stock standard and dont want to mess with them if I can sort out this issue otherwise.

I will take a recording of her idling and perhaps someone could point me in the rite direction.

Also I have a manual but year wise I think its 98 upwards will it be fine for 06?

Any help guys would be greatly appreciated.
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Help needed. Any brains to pick about my issue

Post by Sullyfam »

When you cleaned the carb did you take a look at the main and pilot jet sizes? Stock is 160 and 45. Did you examine the reeds? The jetting is definitely not right if you air screw has no effect. Did you happen to perform a compression test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kx200 »

also check to make that your power valves are working
Jaguar
Supporting Member

Post by Jaguar »

If you have good reeds and the crank seals aren't leaking then the air screw adjustment should have an effect. If not then the carb needs to be super cleaned.
Performance CDI -- KDX motocross mods -- the SR KDX -- expansion chamber analysis---> http://www.dragonfly75.com/moto/
mongral

Post by mongral »

I have checked pilot and main and they are standard. I replaced the reed valves as one side had a chip. I havnt done a compression test yet mayb I should look into that. As far as crank case seals I dont want to venture there unnecessarily. Power valves seem to have some carbon build up on them I should maybe look into giving them a good clean.
JasonK94Z

Post by JasonK94Z »

There is only one answer to carb and jetting problems. The answer is right here: http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 105&t=1156

Trying to diagnose your issue over the internet will get you nothing but wasted time.
2002 KDX 220R
2003 KLR 650