New seat or cover???

Got questions? We got answers....
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New seat or cover???

Post by TAT2 »

My KDX came to me with a CEET seat but it's torn. Anyone know if they still make seats for a KDX or can recommend a good seat cover. Factory seat Ida little pricey.....

T
jjavaman
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: New seat or cover???

Post by jjavaman »

E bay is your friend
97-220 with a PC pipe. 2015- RB carb and head mod
Flanker

Post by Flanker »

Same here, I have a green, black and purple ceet racing seat cover that probably came with the green, orange and purple graphics. Ceet doesn't sell either any more and neither does anyone else. But ceet still sells all purple, all black and all green seat covers. Here is link http://ceetracing.com/en/kawasaki/37-ka ... 95_07green probably be cheaper to buy of eBay I don't know if you could the color you need. Or if you really want a cheap fix here is link to some tips how to patch torn cover http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342750
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by TAT2 »

Flanker wrote:Same here, I have a green, black and purple ceet racing seat cover that probably came with the green, orange and purple graphics. Ceet doesn't sell either any more and neither does anyone else. But ceet still sells all purple, all black and all green seat covers. Here is link http://ceetracing.com/en/kawasaki/37-ka ... 95_07green probably be cheaper to buy of eBay I don't know if you could the color you need. Or if you really want a cheap fix here is link to some tips how to patch torn cover http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342750
Thanks Flanker! You rock! I think I would prefer the black! With my green frame and tank.....that's a lot of green with a green seat!! :mrgreen: Mine is black top and white sides with green stripes. Looks cool! Maybe I can make a tall black work. I will call them!

T
SPD
Gold Member
Gold Member

New seat or cover???

Post by SPD »

I used a Cycle Works Gripper seat cover. This is 5th season now with it on. Was a complete PITA to put it on but its worked great.
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New seat or cover???

Post by TAT2 »

I Just ordered a new CEET gripper cover straight from them. Super nice people. And he said....and I quote " you are gunna need to stretch the sh@t out of it when you put it on!"...lol

$44 plus shipping

T
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

I have a cycle works gripper cover on my hybrid. Great material and such, but it's funny that SPD mentioned that brand cover. a BITCH of an install. I have a CEET gripper on my KDX. I love it, and it was WAY easier to install. Both are great covers IMO, lasted through many spills and ghost rides up hill climbs.

CEET would be my choice again.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New seat or cover???

Post by TAT2 »

Good to know! Thx! I hope it's as easy as you say. I was thinking of just using my standard heavy duty staple gun? Just keeping the foam on it now. I may shave it a hair. Any other issues?

T
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

iver used regular spring loaded hand powered staple guns before

no issue yet...just be sure the crown on the staples is shallow enough or you wont spend much time on your new seat cover :whistle:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by TAT2 »

diymirage wrote:iver used regular spring loaded hand powered staple guns before

no issue yet...just be sure the crown on the staples is shallow enough or you wont spend much time on your new seat cover :whistle:
I just want to make sure I understand......do not let the staples go in too deep?

T
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

TAT2 wrote:
diymirage wrote:iver used regular spring loaded hand powered staple guns before

I just want to make sure I understand......do not let the staples go in too deep?

T

exactly, the staples go in from the bottom, guess where they end up when they go in to deep :butthead:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
TAT2
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

New seat or cover???

Post by TAT2 »

LOL.....point taken! :)

T