kdx 125 engine rattle

Got questions? We got answers....
kdx125jon

kdx 125 engine rattle

Post by kdx125jon »

Hi just had a full engine rebuild and barrel replate tryed start the bike and it kickstarted first kick then engine run for a few seconds then cut out so tryed bump starting the bike 4 times no engine rattle on the 3rd bump start but on the 4th bump start the engine made a loud rattle noise like something was loose it could be the engine or gearbox :-(?
Bdub200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: kdx 125 engine rattle

Post by Bdub200 »

Hard to say without more info. Could you tell if it was in the barrel or gearbox? Did it sound like a knock? Did you happen to use a Wisco piston? the skirt is shorter than stock and sometimes knock at low RPM's. the fact that it started easy, but now seems hard to start and knocks makes me think something didn't seat properly. Can you remove the plug and have it kick over easily and quietly?
kdx125jon

kdx 125 engine rattle

Post by kdx125jon »

Hi didnt sound like a knock sounded like the noise was from the gearbox it kicks easy when i took the spark plug out the piston is a pro x?
kdx125jon

kdx 125 engine rattle

Post by kdx125jon »

Yeah it kicks up quietly with the plug out?
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: kdx 125 engine rattle

Post by Tedh98 »

Is there something wrong with the kickstart now? Just wondering why you are bumpstarting it.

It is going to be difficult to diagnose a "loose" sound over the internets. I think you need to start taking things apart until you find the source.