laws on speeding?

Got questions? We got answers....
ICRage42
Supporting Member

laws on speeding?

Post by ICRage42 »

So I got to trot the kdx around for a bit and ran into a buddy who came out to greet me on his quad. He shows me a slip and sure enough he got a 64 in a 35 mph zone. Heres the kicker its on his land his lower yard by a road and he was getting on the quad to go around the pond. So he goes on to tell me to watch my speed there until I get into the back woods. Im like .....ok.

My area is very anal when it comes to dirtbikes for some reason. Quads were if anything always ignored so to say. Just surprised really on his on land that he can get a ticket.

Just something Ive heard about but never seen a real ticket wrote up before.

Anyone else here get into a similar pickle?
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: laws on speeding?

Post by 6 Riders »

I'm almost 99% positive that a policeDICK doesn't have any authority on private property unless he is called, or has a reason to believe that a crime (speeding isn't a crime) is being committed. I'd fight it in court. Hell I'd get a lawyer to fight it for me, worth the price of a ticket IMO!
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

:shock: :shock: :shock: I'd politely laugh in an officers face for giving me a speeding ticket on my own property. Is Kawasaki, Ninja Ohio in the USA?
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
adam728
Supporting Member

laws on speeding?

Post by adam728 »

Was he riding the shoulder of the road or ditch or something? No way they can ticket you on your own property for speeding. How would there be a speed limit there?
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

laws on speeding?

Post by diymirage »

ICRage42 wrote:s on his land his lower yard by a road

I take it the county or other form of gobment owns the actuall road, then the question becomes whos property was he really on?
where does one end and the other begin ?

here in MI a lot of that info is on the interwebs, you might be able to look up his property and try to get an idea of how wide the strip of land is that the road is located on

however, it seems to me that IF the road is there, the cop will state your friend was on the road (county property) and therefor under the cops jurisdiction
at that point it becomes a he said she said type deal and those are hard to win in front of a judge
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Sullyfam
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sullyfam »

I would contest it and then pull a reverse whip and ask to press charges for trespassing [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Post by ICRage42 »

they call it Kawasaki ninja ohio but its really Southington ohio. Nelson ledges racetrack is not far up the road as well as the off road park. Paul Newman raced there as well and well really when it came to the bike races you seen a lot of ninjas at the time so it kinda got a nickname for it.

4ft pass the telephone poles is state land. He was riding about a football field or more away so over a 100 yards. Almost to the treeline area well away and almost around a pond too.

Good kid and to be honest I do believe it was he stopped and went over to talk to the officer after he hit the siren and lights. After that he was then on state land on the opposite of ditch to talk to officer. Passed the telephone poles.

His dad is going to talk to the station at some time about it. It will probably get wrote off hopefully.

If it was me I would of gotten a seatbelt charge on the kdx tho :lol:
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.