i need some good advice- 1994 kdx200

Got questions? We got answers....
new_to_kdx

i need some good advice- 1994 kdx200

Post by new_to_kdx »

hey guys, i got my kdx in boxes of bits and have put it together, along they way i have replaced one kips valve and got a good second hand stator for it. i had it running and it went well. i forgot to torque one head bolt causing the gasket to go. i put a new top end gasket kit in it, kips and exhaust o-rings and seals i also checked the head etc for warp and all is good there. it wouldnt fire at all so i sprayed some start ya bastard in the carby and it fired but wouldnt run. i gave it a good tow today and it fired, ran, idled but wouldnt rev. it then died and now wont tow or kick start. the plug has spark, i have repeatedly played wit the float level put nothing is working, any help much appreciated, cheers!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: i need some good advice- 1994 kdx200

Post by KDXGarage »

clean carb . replace pilot
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
new_to_kdx

Post by new_to_kdx »

Cleaned carb and there was no issues there, all jets are mint condition. It was also back furring. I'm thinking it might be the flywheel magnets have come loose?
new_to_kdx

Post by new_to_kdx »

Thanks for advice Jason, took flywheel off and it has spun the woodruff key.
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

where did you learn to use "start ya bastard"? between that and a tow start and yes, you probably killed the crank. good job.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
new_to_kdx

Post by new_to_kdx »

First off 2 strokes love ethanol (which start ya bastard is a form of) and without a choke it is the easiest way to start my kdx, second tow starting is a common way to start a stubborn bike. Third, the crank is mint, the woodruff has been replaced and there are no further problems apart from a leaky fuel tap (gettin replaced) and a leaking fork seal (getting replaced), so good job for getting it wrong mate! :bravo: