Would anyone be interested in some steel KIPS valves?

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXsg

Re: Would anyone be interested in some steel KIPS valves?

Post by KDXsg »

its changed to 12005-1177 and 12005-1178, they are not discontiuned i just bought 5 pcs each. BTW its not entirely the shearing that stripped the kips valve teeths, its the wron out top bushing/spacer that cause the kips to rattle more and wobbly that stripped them out easily.
A true KDX customizer!!
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

KDXsg wrote:its changed to 12005-1177 and 12005-1178, they are not discontiuned i just bought 5 pcs each. BTW its not entirely the shearing that stripped the kips valve teeths, its the wron out top bushing/spacer that cause the kips to rattle more and wobbly that stripped them out easily.
Those numbers are not coming up at all on the Ron Ayers, Service Honda, or Kawasaki Parts Nation websites.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

KDXsg wrote:its changed to 12005-1177 and 12005-1178, they are not discontiuned i just bought 5 pcs each. BTW its not entirely the shearing that stripped the kips valve teeths, its the wron out top bushing/spacer that cause the kips to rattle more and wobbly that stripped them out easily.
I think it's Japanese number (for the SR?)... Unknow here in France by kawasaki dealers
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
Keystone
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Keystone »

KDXsg wrote: BTW its not entirely the shearing that stripped the kips valve teeths, its the wron out top bushing/spacer that cause the kips to rattle more and wobbly that stripped them out easily.
If that is true, wouldn't the softer aluminum valve collars #92143A also need to made of steel to match the machined steel sub-valves?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I had valves which stripped shortly after installing all new valves, collars, and idler gear, so I think that is not necessarily true. There is no getting around the fact that these valves were manufactured from very soft aluminum, and frequent breakage/stripping is nearly unavoidable, even under normal use and when kept clean. Ideally, a hardened aluminum or steel valve, with brass collars and a brass bushing drilled/seated in the cylinder journals. That is my wish. :mrgreen:
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Just talked to a good buddy of mine who just happens to work in the aerospace industry. He said he could make new KIPS valves for us, out of any material we want, on his CNC machine, if he has a good pair to copy. Anyone interested? I don't know what it would cost just yet as he needs to see the valves but I bet it is going to the best deal we will find and these valves will be perfectly made.
'11 GasGas EC250R
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Gotanubike »

I have a brand new unused left one I could loan out over the winter. Maybe you'd be better sourcing some domestically but shouldn't cost more than a few bucks to ship to AZ
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Gotanubike wrote:I have a brand new unused left one I could loan out over the winter. Maybe you'd be better sourcing some domestically but shouldn't cost more than a few bucks to ship to AZ
Awesome! Gotta pick up a right one and we can get him to give us a price.
'11 GasGas EC250R
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

don't mean to dig up an old thread, but whatever happened to the creation of these steel valves? I haven't been on here in a while and time is coming around the corner for a motor rebuild, and id LOVE to install these puppies and never have to worry about them again!
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by frenche200 »

Can't do a link With m'y phone, but go to the "e series " section of thé forum ;-)
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

awesome, thanks guys! :supz: