Seat covers

Got questions? We got answers....
Drmiller98

Seat covers

Post by Drmiller98 »

I have a pretty nice seat on my 03 220 and id like to keep it that way. Any place I can get an aftermarket cover. Or will a kx250f/450f seat cover fit my kdx? I was looking on motoseat.com at the two tone traction cover for kawasakis
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life.” Marco Simoncelli
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Seat covers

Post by Fitterman24 »

You will need a cover for a KDX. MX bikes don't have much of a seat. I got a green and black gripper cover on evilbay for $50. Be prepared to have it installed professionally. They have the stainless staples (no rust) and the gun to shoot them into the plastic seat pan. I've tried with my homeowner manual and electric staplers and failed. Maybe others have succeeded. We'll worth the $20 to have it done.
spl383
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Seat covers

Post by spl383 »

Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Seat covers

Post by Slick_Nick »

I always do my own seat covers. Have a pneumatic stapler though that makes life easy.
'00 KDX 220R
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

I have an ebay seat cover on mine and love it, still holding up as if it was installed yesterday for a year now
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

I agree that a pneumatic stapler is the way to go. In my earlier days, I DID use an arrow heavy duty ARROW T50PBN stapler, 3/8 staples(any handy homeowner should have this anyways). the manual stapler worked out great, but way more work than pneumatic.

Anyone capable of riding a bike should not be afraid to tackle this simple but tedious job. somebody mention having theirs done for $20...I'd let someone else do it for $20 all day long. as far as stainless staples go, those are great and all, but how long does a seat cover last? I get 2-3 years before my CEET brand gripper cover is done for. cycleworks covers last even less time.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
tirebiter

Seat covers

Post by tirebiter »

I use ALLSPORT 4-Way Stretch Vinyl, high tac black. Works great with a little stretching.

One yard will do 3 seats..

If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
Drmiller98

Seat covers

Post by Drmiller98 »

tirebiter wrote:I use ALLSPORT 4-Way Stretch Vinyl, high tac black. Works great with a little stretching.

One yard will do 3 seats..

Is that a PC exhaust?
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life.” Marco Simoncelli
tirebiter

Post by tirebiter »

Yes it is. PC platinum 2.
If I can't do it, I'm sure someone else can!
dingerjunkie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seat covers

Post by dingerjunkie »

I love the way the Allsport vinyl turned out. Any idea if their "royal blue" is anywhere close to the kawasaki blue of the period? I really can't tell from the swatch-shot on Amazon. Hell...I may just go traditional black, but the blue is calling...
Theory and Practice are ALWAYS identical...theoretically...
http://www.fire-fx.net
...your theater is on...