Handlebar suggestions 05 KDX 200

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXhopeful
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KDXhopeful »

And the questions just keep coming. The young lad is 6 feet tall and we are thinking about treating him to new bars. Probably pro taper so, we can install the pro taper twister throttle tube hassle free as well. Looking for some help on the bend of bar we should consider. we probably stand for 1/2 of our riding. Thanks.

Actually re-considering the model of throttle tube as you can"t install bark busters with this model of tube. Mmmm. Any suggestions on a good throttle tube would also be helpful.
Whoa that was close!!! Damn kid is too fast for me to try and keep up to.
05 Kawasaki KDX 200
07 Yamaha xt 225
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Handlebar suggestions 05 KDX 200

Post by 6 Riders »

I use Windham bends and the PT Risers, gets the bars up a couple inches and makes standing a lot easier for me.....Old man knees and all.
You don't need a special throttle tube on a KDX, if your is broke, buy a $10 tube from cycle gear.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

KDXhopeful wrote:And the questions just keep coming. The young lad is 6 feet tall and we are thinking about treating him to new bars. Probably pro taper so, we can install the pro taper twister throttle tube hassle free as well. Looking for some help on the bend of bar we should consider. we probably stand for 1/2 of our riding. Thanks.

Actually re-considering the model of throttle tube as you can"t install bark busters with this model of tube. Mmmm. Any suggestions on a good throttle tube would also be helpful.

Take a dremel and make a hole large enough for the bark buster mount or just cut the end off.
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Gotanubike »

You'll definetly want a high bend bar to be anywhere close to the factory bars.

I went with protaper YZ high bend s/e bars and I'm pretty sure theyre meant to be used with adapters because even a high bend bar is very low compared to the factory bars. I also chopped an inch or more off each side.

Protaper YZ high bends vs original:

Overall tho I would have to say there is a benefit in lower and straighter bars as you are able to lock your arms in while sitting lower in the seat and with more control/leverage.
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
rsr02
Supporting Member

Post by rsr02 »

I run CR high bend bars, but would like some that are higher. Getting old and my back hurts on long standing downhills.
1997 220, KLX forks-pipe-reeds-trials tire
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

I have the pro taper pastrana fmx bend with bar risers and they are excellent for guys over 5'10". :supz:
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
spl383
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by spl383 »

pro taper 7/8" CR High Bend work good for me