Fuel leeking from carb

Got questions? We got answers....
Wall

Fuel leeking from carb

Post by Wall »

Hello All.

I am new around here and have loads of questions!! I have just purchased a 200 KDX 220 A9. I have noticed that when the bike is on the side stand it leans over quite far and fuel pisses out of the carb hose if you don't turn the fuel off. I have since fitted the stock silencer back on the bike as I quite like it. I have taken the FMF Gnarly gold series off it. It does not piss fuel out with the stick system back on it?? Why would the FMF cause fuel to leak out of it?
avgKDXjoe

Fuel leeking from carb

Post by avgKDXjoe »

Check the float level in the carb? I don't think the silencer has anything to do with your problem. :hmm:
'04 KDX 200
'01 KDX 200 (current project)
Wall

Fuel leeking from carb

Post by Wall »

thanks for the reply. the carb looks very easy to get to I must say. not sure how to adjust float height etc is it hard?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Fuel leeking from carb

Post by bufftester »

The pipe/silencer is not the issue, its your float height more likely, or wear in the float needle/seat. Common issue on the KDX. Pull the carb, disassemble it (good learning time) and give it a thorough clean and then set the float height. While you have it apart record your needle #s for later when you get ready to run through the jetting procedure. I would but the FMF exhaust back on personally, big improvement over the stock pipe.
Wall

Fuel leeking from carb

Post by Wall »

Yeah I no what you mean about putting the FMF back on. I just wanted the stock pipe on as it sounded quiter than the fmf
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Fuel leeking from carb

Post by bufftester »

You can run the FMF pipe with the stock silencer and you will not lose any performance