KDX 250 TRACKING PROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got questions? We got answers....
Spetty

KDX 250 TRACKING PROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Spetty »

Hey it's zane again. I have a kdx 250. When I go down the road at fairly hight speed and let go of the handle bars, my bike pulls right slightly. Is it normal for a bike to pull one way or the other a little? Btw I have nobies on it, not street tires.
Slick_Nick
Supporting Member

Re: KDX 250 TRACKING PROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Slick_Nick »

I mean, if its an off road bike, who cares? Maybe true up the wheels. Mine tracks straight.

Is the road crown an issue?
'00 KDX 220R
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Check your rear wheel alignment, and your front as well. It could also be something as simple as too much/little dish in one of the tires. Better question is why do you get up toa decent speed and take your hands off the bars :doh:
Spetty

Post by Spetty »

I just mean I'm not going so slow that I couldn't keep the bike at the balance point and got that wobble. By speed I mean the bottom of third. Road crown isn't an issue because it does it on both sides (still pulling right)and my friends kdx doesn't really do it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bent frame or something like that. Is there a way I can make sure of that?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

quick and dirty check is to find a dry patch of road, dump a bunch of water over the wheels, then walk it forward across the dry pavement in a straight line. The front and rear tracks should lie right on top of each other. If not then you have an alignment issue.
Spetty

Post by Spetty »

Ok I'll try that. Cool trick. Thank you guys so much for answering me too by the way.