1992 KDX 250 Carb Leaking..

Got questions? We got answers....
r_varcoe

Post by r_varcoe »

Hi Guys and girls,

Have got a 1992 250 and have recently just done a rebuild on the back end, swing arm, brakes etc..

After putting it all back together a few days ago i gave it a start up and a test ride

Coming back from that i notice that there as fuel leaking out the overflow pipe out of the carb only when the motor wasnt going

I understand that a wee bit is sometimes alright.. Just a bit of excess but this was flowing out like the float in the carb hadnt shut off..
I took the carb off and opened it up but still couldnt see what was wrong.
The floats where still in tack and not leaking so i could tell what else it could be causing it to keep filling then over flowing the carb bowl?
Cant see how it could have changed while i was doing the back end.. Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks Ryan
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

Eh, sometimes things just go bad. Plastic float, correct? I'm not sure if they are solid or hollow. If hollow, make sure it isn't full of fuel. Then, check that the needle valve seat is clean, the needle valve isn't worn, and that the float is set to the correct level. One, or a combination of them, is the problem.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R