Knee braces- I just can't pull the Visa trigger!

Got questions? We got answers....

Knee Braces!?!

Poll ended at 10:08 pm Nov 08 2005

Bite the bullet and get the Asterisks NOW
50%
Go for the EVS RX-7 and save $250.
25%
Skip the braces for now.
25%

Total votes: 4

NM_KDX200

Knee braces- I just can't pull the Visa trigger!

Post by NM_KDX200 »

I've researched them to death and pretty much every one says "Asterisk Cell" and pretty much everyone also says "They're as important as the helmet". Every time I load them up in my on-line cart, though, I just can't do. $550. Argghhhh.... I'm about due for a top end on the KX and that pushes it all the way to $700. Arggghhhh!!!!!

My knees are great and I want to keep them that way.

What do you think? Time for another poll!!!!
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

See if you can get your doctor to write you a 'script for them. You might be able to get insurance to pick up part of the tab.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

SOMETHING is better than nothing...ask jafo, my brother etc...
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I havde'nt gotten my braces yet. I have'nt got that far on rehab. I'll probably get them sometime this spring. My doc told me to just let them know and they will help me out on getting them no problem. It may depend on your insurance also, so make sure you look into that before anything else to make sure they do cover that. I think mine will be payed for 100%, at least thats the impression I get.

I think you should look into your insurance first. Then make an appointment with your doctor and see what he or she says. If they can help you out on them or not. With nothing wrong with your knees, it's hard to say what they will say but it's worth a try.

Jon.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Note that Cells are not medically 'approved'. No doctor with a concern for getting hit for a malpractice suit will write a 'scrip for a non-medically approved device/drug.

They're good, though.

Customer service is good, too!

They fixed the limiter problem awhile back...they last, too!!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

Well, I did it. On Thurs eve, I clicked on "Buy!" on Rocky Mountain. Today, my Cells showed up (fast!!!). I think I'll riding tomorrow... :hmm:

So, anyway, I've got them on. I have a sock on one leg, bare flesh on the other. I found out that my old Fox Formas won't buckle around the Cells (I'm short-legged and the Cells go more than 1/2 way to my ankle!), but I bet my Tech 8's will. Time to ebay the Fox Formas, I guess. Size 9, good condition, black. Old style with internal, non-removable booties.

The Cells are very comfortable sitting here. Don't feel any bulkier than the 661 Richochet's I've been wearing, but obviously much more support. I think I like the leg with the sock better- will have to see after riding, though.

Anyone want a picture of me sitting at my computer in my exercise shorts with Cells and boots on? :shock: :shock:

I thought not.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Shoot! I got anxious there toward the end..then the bubble burst! :(

How smooth is the lace action through the locks?

I had my cells refurbed this past spring. Got new laces, but they don't clear the original style locks too good (they don't loosen well when you pull on the release tab.

I'm talking about the laces...not the latches TO the brace itself.

...I need to ask them about that.

Anyway...yours works goot?

Yep. Tech8s fit fine. My cells go just below the top of the boot..and I guarantee my legs are shorter'n yours!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
NM_KDX200

Post by NM_KDX200 »

>|<>QBB<
canyncarvr wrote:
1) How smooth is the lace action through the locks?

2) Yep. Tech8s fit fine. My cells go just below the top of the boot..and I guarantee my legs are shorter'n yours!!
1) good. The lace thingy has an extended tab and I can pull on that and they slide right off. I cut the excess lace off, so I guess they're mine now!

2) Oh yeah? We're gonna have a "short-legs" contest now? :supz: I'm 5' 5". Can a guy get any shorter than that? Even Ricky's taller than me, but only by an inch.
1999 KDX 200
2001 KDX 220
2002 RM 134
2004 KX 125
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

NM_KDX200 wrote:Anyone want a picture of me sitting at my computer in my exercise shorts with Cells and boots on? :shock: :shock:

I thought not.
Hey, hey, I wouldn't count your chicken's before they hatch... You might just be in luck so you better be careful what you ask for.
kdxquebec wrote:Please send me that picture and I will probally put the picture in my bedroom near the skipro3 one. :cool:
:shock: :lol:
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I guess I'm out of the above competition, my LEGS are almost 5'5" on their own !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: