DG performance enduro exhaust for E series?

Got questions? We got answers....
kdxcruzer

DG performance enduro exhaust for E series?

Post by kdxcruzer »

Does anyone have experience with the DG enduro vintage exhaust and silencer combo on an e series kdx 200? I'am looking to change from stock exhaust and carb to the RB carb mod and DG pipe and silencer. Good mod? Other options on a pipe brand with RB mod that work well together on a 1990? Thanks
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: DG performance enduro exhaust for E series?

Post by newbbewb »

I have a DG pipe for my E series and I pulled it in favor of a FMF fatty. don't get me wrong, the DG pipe is WAY better than stock pipe, but FMF>DG
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Just to offer a difference of opinion. I rode both on my 89 and much preferred the DG for single track work. That's the one I kept. Gave the FMF to a buddy. An important side note, the DG silencer is a silencer only, no SA. It is not USFS approved.

:mrgreen:
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

I'm with ya julien. I do lots of open gravel road riding to get to the good hillclimbs. 6th gear pulls are common. for my setup fmf makes substantially more power up top, where I spend lots of my time. DG has more power down low, good midrange, and really minimizes the hit up top(probably because the DG midrange is WAYYYYY better than stock). If you are hardcore steep nasty trail kinda guy only, the DG pipe is for you. of course this is all my opinion, and results may vary.

to the OP: the rb carb and different pipe are going to really wake that bike up. I've never even SEEN a E series factory silencer, but from what I read there isn't really much performance gain except weight savings. There was/is a pro circuit pipe available for E series, but I've no experience with it and don't know if it's readily available.
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

The pro circuit is almost impossible to find, and is supposed to be pretty much on par with the DG as an all-around pipe. The FMF is certainly focused on top end, as Newbbewb has stated above. So it's alot about what you want. If your bike currently has the stock silencer, it is an excellent unit. Nothing much to be gained by replacing it with aftermarket.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Dirt Bike magazine had an E series pipe shootout years ago. I want to say the FMF won with best all around power.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Jason wrote:Dirt Bike magazine had an E series pipe shootout years ago. I want to say the FMF won with best all around power.
That would be cool to see. I searched for it a while but didn't turn anything up.
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

Ive ran both, I prefer the FMF fatty. My bike seems to pull much smoother with it and has a little more torque and more top end, the DG definitely had a harder mid range hit and fitted up nicer