Which is the better deal

Got questions? We got answers....
3j3j3j

Re: Which is the better deal

Post by 3j3j3j »

6 Riders wrote:
3j3j3j wrote:It's owned by a kid, sounds like not much maintenance done. Willing to come down a little on price
http://missoula.craigslist.org/mcy/4564097654.html
I see a tweaked rear fender and tail pipe....sub-frame problems maybe?
I live up closish to Seattle, I could take a poke at the 200.
That would be awesome! Then I could know if it was worth buying and then agree to meet him halfway. the only problem then is that I am only a kid and a little shy of his asking price.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

The more that I look at that bike....the more I don't like it. Things about it just get me wrong, like needing a clutch, handle bars, headlight, rear fender and seat cover.....SOOOO many parts, seems like maybe he crashed it, or bought it crashed and refurbed it.....also the parts he lists that aren't on the bike.....A new fatty is a few hundred, so take that off the price, a new (stock) fender is $65 and the light is another $45...the headlight and shroud would be an additional $150 or more....And new forks, but KDX forks....just seems wrong.
I looked at that add yesterday and blew right by it....sometimes adds just don't appeal to me.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
3j3j3j

Post by 3j3j3j »

6 Riders wrote:The more that I look at that bike....the more I don't like it. Things about it just get me wrong, like needing a clutch, handle bars, headlight, rear fender and seat cover.....SOOOO many parts, seems like maybe he crashed it, or bought it crashed and refurbed it.....also the parts he lists that aren't on the bike.....A new fatty is a few hundred, so take that off the price, a new (stock) fender is $65 and the light is another $45...the headlight and shroud would be an additional $150 or more....And new forks, but KDX forks....just seems wrong.
I looked at that add yesterday and blew right by it....sometimes adds just don't appeal to me.

Yeah, I definetely see where you are coming from on all the stuff thats been replaced. Seems good at first but dig a little deeper and not so much. the fatty he bought from a neighbor I think.

I am a little confused though. What were you trying to get at when listing the prices of the parts?
3j3j3j

Post by 3j3j3j »

Any more thoughts on the second kdx? If the subframe is bent its not very much. Shouldn't be too hard. it also needs new tires.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

My pick of the 3 you listed is that 220....it is the best set up bike of the 3....they are all ridden, you can see that, but the 220 has the most usable mods done to it and they are actually on the bike.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
3j3j3j

Post by 3j3j3j »

6 Riders wrote:My pick of the 3 you listed is that 220....it is the best set up bike of the 3....they are all ridden, you can see that, but the 220 has the most usable mods done to it and they are actually on the bike.

That would be my pick also, but he was pretty stubborn on his price. He won't take any less than 2000, which was his asking price last week.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

wait a few more weeks, he'll come down or someone else will buy it
3j3j3j

Post by 3j3j3j »

Ehh. Found a better deal.
3j3j3j