87 kdx200 top end rebuild

Got questions? We got answers....
knock93

Post by knock93 »

Okay I recently bought an 87 kdx200. Its in great condition overall but needs a cylinder rebuild. I have measured the cylinder and it has been bored as far as it can safely go according to all my research. Ive been looking EVERYWHERE for a cylinder sleeve but cannot find anything. Can these be resleeved? I don't want to pay 600 for a new cylinder but if that's what absolutely has to be done I may go ahead and get it. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Kyle.
hbgod

Re: 87 kdx200 top end rebuild

Post by hbgod »

they are supposed to have an electrofusion coating on them but i just had mine sleeved. they are on ebay. theres actually one on clist near me (mass)
If you ain't Mixin Gas, You ain't Haulin Ass!
knock93

Post by knock93 »

Thanks I looked it up on cl. I found the ad actually and contacted the guy. Hopefully he will still have it or can give me some information on where he got it. I searched ebay high and low still couldn't find anything there. Where did you have yours done or get the parts? Thanks for the help.
hbgod

Post by hbgod »

hmmmmm i cant find one on ebay now either. i bought mine about a year ago off ebay and im having the work done in bristol ri. sleeve, port, crank bearing, rod and bearing, and top end matched as well as a dyno tune.
knock93

Post by knock93 »

just an update... kustom kraft resleeved my cylinder for about 450 bucks. got it running but am having issues with it now. pretty sure its not top end related but will find out soon enough when I tear into her.
hbgod

Post by hbgod »

Sweet, good to hear, ran into some problems with mine but she'll be done for spring :)