New to the forum and new KDX

Got questions? We got answers....
NWRider

New to the forum and new KDX

Post by NWRider »

Just picked up a 2006 kdx 200 and i am loving it. A few problems need to be addressed but all around a great bike. My question is how much oil do i put into the transmission? The bike is stamped at .7ml which is close to 23oz and i added about 16oz (i measured) and went over the line in the sight window? Then i read people are running a full quart in their bikes?? Not super worried about it but wanted to hear some opinions. If anyone has any advice on why the bike dies in 1st gear while running at low rpms but idles fine that would help to. I was thinking float bowl or gummed up jet but if you have any other ideas i would love to hear them. Thanks for any help you might have.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: New to the forum and new KDX

Post by Tedh98 »

Congrats on getting the KDX.

I run a full quart of ATF in mine.

You can't go wrong with inspecting and cleaning the carb when you buy a used bike.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

sounds like you're ready for your first carb cleaning and trip through the jetting guide. I run a full quart in mine because it's a waste to throw away that left over bit. It also helps some with engine noise. These bikes even with the clutch pulled will drag a bit in gear. Welcome to the Forum, where in the NW?
NWRider

Post by NWRider »

Thanks for the quick reply guys i just got back from work and am headed for a ride soon gonna drop the rest of that quart in there. I'm in tacoma washington but moving over to the east side soon :boogie:
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I'm in University Place, and my dad lives over by Mattawa, so I ride over the other side quite a bit. Tahuya is good, Capitol forest ok (not as good as it used to be). Great weekend to ride so of course I'm stuck at work!