Bills pipe or Fatty?

Got questions? We got answers....
robkdx

Bills pipe or Fatty?

Post by robkdx »

Im after a new pipe after I killed my PC. Ive found a Bills pipe or and old Fatty. Both used but will clean up ok.

Which would be better for Woods stuff?
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Bills pipe or Fatty?

Post by diymirage »

i have a bills pipe on my plated KDX for an overall gain and a fatty on the woods bike for low end grunt

when i ride my plated KDX in the woods i find myself downshifting in situations where on my other bike i could dog it out in a higher gear

if you were happy with the PC then go with the bills pipe, if you feel like you would be willing to take a little of the top in order to get more low end grunt go with the fatty

either way, send me the other one :lol:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
robkdx

Post by robkdx »

diymirage wrote:i have a bills pipe on my plated KDX for an overall gain and a fatty on the woods bike for low end grunt

when i ride my plated KDX in the woods i find myself downshifting in situations where on my other bike i could dog it out in a higher gear

if you were happy with the PC then go with the bills pipe, if you feel like you would be willing to take a little of the top in order to get more low end grunt go with the fatty

either way, send me the other one :lol:
Thanks. I believe the Fatty is a very old design before the Woods and desert version. But it looks tidy. I may well get it. I dont ride in places where I use the top end anyway.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by canamfan »

I just put my pc pipe back on after fixing a dent in it. I was running the fmf torque pipe, whick I think should be called the linear pipe because that's what it does to the power. it makes it smooth from idle up and doesn't have much of a hit. However the pc pipe is much different, as you may know. i think the pc pipe has better power everywhere plus a stronger hit when you open it up, because i can pop the front wheel up easier even at lower rpms with the pc pipe then the torque pipe any day. I'd stick with the pc pipe or dessert version of the fmf. There just an all around better pipe in my humble opinion. One caveat they do make it easier to burn your knee.