Carburettor query

Got questions? We got answers....
Little Jerry

Carburettor query

Post by Little Jerry »

Hi

How hard is it to rebuild a carburettor and change the jetting etc?

Can you get an all in one kit to do the job? If so, anyone show me a link to what I need.

On a side note, with aftermarket reeds, do I just need the reeds themselves or do I have to get a new reed block?

Also, out of curiousity is a Keihin carb (apart from the size) the same across all dirt bikes, or are they bike specific?

Adam
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Carburettor query

Post by Postigo »

Hi, search for keihin carb rebuild in YouTube for the carb rebuild, for the carb jets you can buy them online at eBay and for the reeds you don't need to change the reed block if you use boyesen or moose racing reeds. I'll recommend you to get the service manual prior to do any maintenance, service manuals are cheap and you will save a lot of money doing the things right the first time. :grin:
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Carburettor query

Post by Tedh98 »

Postigo wrote:I'll recommend you to get the service manual prior to do any maintenance, service manuals are cheap and you will save a lot of money doing the things right the first time. :grin:
+1

I'm not aware of a complete kit. I get jets, gaskets and parts from http://www.jetsrus.com/ You can buy generic jets or spend a buck or two more and get Keihin jets. Their shipping charge isn't too high and I've always received my orders quickly.

To fully break down the carb and clean all of it, you'll need a torx security bit and buy the jet block gasket. Things can really only go one way. Once you get in there you will see that it isn't that complicated.