KDX 175 on Racing Go Kart Pipe Question

Got questions? We got answers....
Jkemp

Post by Jkemp »

Ok guys I am putting a 82 KDX175 engine on a dirt racing go kart. I have a tuned pipe from my blown up 135 cc parilla open motor. Can I adapt that pipe over to run on the KDX????????

Thanks for your help.
Brom32

Re: KDX 175 on Racing Go Kart Pipe Question

Post by Brom32 »

Sounds badass! Pics?
04 Kdx200 w/ PC Platinum 2
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

I wasn't aware Parilla made 2 strokes, but then I haven't owned one in decades.

Regarding if the pipe will work, IT ALL DEPENDS. If you have the stock KDX 175 pipe, I would try to duplicate that as far as the tapers and lengths are concerned. Anything different, you would need to research into the design of 2 stroke expansion chambers. You will need to know the bore, stroke, and port timing of the engine you intend to use, and what RPM you want to tune it for. As a start, you might ask your library to get you a copy of TWO STROKE TUNERS HANDBOOK by Gordon Jennings. There are other sources of this information, but this is one that comes to mind right now.

Good luck and have fun with it.
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX 175 on Racing Go Kart Pipe Question

Post by fuzzy »

Where are you located? I used to race UAS in IL.

Most kart pipes like you have are for rear exhaust engines, which the KDX is not, unless you put on a set of billet cases and flip the engine/ignition around. Probably best running stock pipe, or performance pipe for stock engine....until you end up with full port/head work, and alcohol carb. :rock: I can only assume you know about www.4cycle.com ?
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project