Number Plate

Got questions? We got answers....
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Number Plate

Post by quailchaser »

While riding the rocks upon rocks this weekend, I managed to finish off my head light assembly and completely rip it off. Mike you still need that adjuster screw? :lol: It's about the only part still servicable. I'm ordering a UFO replacement in white...but, it may not come in until next week.

I'd like to cover that empty space that was previously ocupied by the head lamp with a number plate...at least until the head light assembly comes in. Anyone here know what year(s) KX front number plate fits the '95-'05 the best? I use to know....but, I am having severe brain fade. :rolleyes: Maybe I should take a closer look at my helmet....it might need to be replaced too? :shock:
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
motorider200

Post by motorider200 »

I put an 03 kx 125 number plate on mine. Install was real easy, all it took was one hole drilled in the top center of it to line up with an existing threaded hole in the clamp and a long screw.
97 KDX200(225)- mine
01 KDX220- brothers
97 XR400- dads
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

Nope, thanks for offering. I replaced the screw in mine with one from my shop. A few days later found it laying on the garage floor. Apparently it was rejected by my bike since it wasn't an actual Kawasaki part. It also dropped the cheesey plastic mounting tab on the light itself, so I can't use the screw. I got artistic with some cable ties and it's good to go.

Ski started a thread about going to an Acerbis dual bulb light that uses a more available bulb, so you might check that out for ideas. I think he was saying you could get LED bulbs for it that take a lot less power. I'll probably be swapping mine out to, since I'm looking to put some KX forks on.

Let us know what you end up with,
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:Ski started a thread about going to an Acerbis dual bulb light that uses a more available bulb, so you might check that out for ideas. I think he was saying you could get LED bulbs for it that take a lot less power. I'll probably be swapping mine out to, since I'm looking to put some KX forks on.

Let us know what you end up with,
Since I have the WER damper, my choices were more limited than I had hoped for.

I ended up with 3 things.

1. A green number plate for an 87-88 KX250(the same one Fredette sells on his site). It fits great and works well with a hole cut out for the damper rod. It looks a little old school, but I actually like it much better than I thought I would.

2. A UFO Sahara 35 watt light. The shell is the same shape as the OEM 95-up headlight shell. This one may end up in the garbage and another option may be in order. Again, most of the problem is the WER damper. I had to cut the shell for the damper arm and rod to clear. Also, this light is not adjustable like the OEM. The light points to far down with the lower straps hooked as they are intended. I need to fabricate a lower bracket to that will allow me to raise or lower the bottom part of the shell. Or, I may just throw it in the garbage. I have a street plate for the KDX, I think I'm going to have to hit up the electrical guru's in here on the technical portions of the street legal stuff I need for AZ. (ie. tail/brake lamp wiring, ski's head lamp wiring, and horn options)

3. I found a set of 2002 KX250 forks. Since they were attached to the 2002 KX250, I decided to take the whole thing as a package. Tommorrow, It goes to the suspension shop for springs, valves and service. A larger IMS tank will be on order, along with all the armor (skid plate, hand guards, pipe guard, and radiator braces). I'll know more after the tear down.

Later
Robb
Robb
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Cool news on the 250 Robb - Let us know what you think about it. :supz:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

See, there is always a solution! :mrgreen: GOOD JOB!!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

The 2002 KX250 is the best year. I'm playing with JD's jetting spreadsheet. If you are interested, I'll let you know what I ended up with for a quick jetting change for riding at 0 feet, 3000 ft and 6000 ft elevations.
Photos please!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
skipro3 wrote:The 2002 KX250 is the best year. I'm playing with JD's jetting spreadsheet. If you are interested, I'll let you know what I ended up with for a quick jetting change for riding at 0 feet, 3000 ft and 6000 ft elevations.
Photos please!!
No photos. I got some sort of email that stated I was banned from adding photos. :wink: In fact, it went so far as to ask me to delete photo's already in use. :blink:

Actually, the suspension shop is next door so I took it in to work with me and left it for them to work their magic. They are going to do all the bearing re-greasing (steering head/swing arm/linkage) in addition to the set up. If I remember, I'll take the camera into work on Monday and take some before pictures. It's completely stock. The only thing I've found so far is a small dent in the pipe, and the rear rotor is dished and the pads are worn...both need to be replaced.

Any jetting info would be great. The previous owner was an novice MXer and was running the bike on 50/50 VP110/premium pump gas maxima Super M 40:1. I haven't checked the current jetting yet, but he gave me the original KX250/125 owners manual. :supz: I'm really not sure how those two things relate or whether they even belong in the same sentence. It appears that I am babbling...must sleep.

Later
Robb

Later
Robb
Robb
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
Colorado Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Colorado Mike »

what makes the '02 better than another year? Is there something undesirable about an '03 for trail use?
Mike

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.
'04 KDX220
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I think he was commenting on the engine porting, powerband, that sort of thing.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
Colorado Mike wrote:what makes the '02 better than another year? Is there something undesirable about an '03 for trail use?
If your in california an 02 gets you a year round green sticker...03 your stuck with a red sticker and that basically limits you to riding half the year is Southern California.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E