Stock tank fuel mileage

Got questions? We got answers....
TimmyD

Stock tank fuel mileage

Post by TimmyD »

Just wondering if you guys could help me out with how far i can go on a full tank on a 220. We go out to Colorado almost every summer and we do 100 mile days or more. Would the stock tank take me that far, and if not, would an aftermarket tank be the way to go?

Thanks!
Tim
2002 KDX 220
squid

Re: Stock tank fuel mileage

Post by squid »

If you do end up wanting an aftermarket I have a 3.6 gal Clarke tank that is new if your interested
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I've done 70, but that was fairly easy terrain, 100 would be just out of reach IMO, though with an aftermarket tank and/or fuel bottles you could make it. Acerbis makes a couple that mount to the bars/forks and feeds into the stock tank. Clarke tanks can be still found on ebay as well.
TimmyD

Post by TimmyD »

I saw your tank for sale in the parts section. Yours is the green one for $200, correct? I would really like a clear one, and new clark tanks are only $229 plus shipping.
2002 KDX 220
TimmyD

Post by TimmyD »

bufftester wrote:I've done 70, but that was fairly easy terrain, 100 would be just out of reach IMO, though with an aftermarket tank and/or fuel bottles you could make it. Acerbis makes a couple that mount to the bars/forks and feeds into the stock tank. Clarke tanks can be still found on ebay as well.
Thanks for the info! Thats really helpful. We are going to ride similar terrain and see how far i can go with the stock tank.
2002 KDX 220
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Stock tank fuel mileage

Post by K50X200 »

Hey Tim!
I get about 18 MPG when I ride at Rausch Creek with stock gearing...
At the "Iron Man" Dual sport I got about 25 MPG at the first gas stop - but that was with 12/47 gearing (one tooth down in the front).
I'm curious to see what I get on Monday... :?
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe