False Neutral

Got questions? We got answers....
spam16v
Supporting Member

False Neutral

Post by spam16v »

Got an issue with a new to me 95. 5th will be missing/false neutral. PO used Honda gear lube, it was clean & gave me a bottle of new oil. I put in ATF-F to make sure it was clean. Gave me a huge bottle of 927 Castor oil to so I was set for a while as he did care for the bike a great deal & regretted selling it. Buying his son a new engine for his speedway bike. Any advice or a direction to head? All gears engage and shift normally on the stand with engine off spinning rear wheel by hand. I'll split cases, inspect and clean the bore/kips while its apart, just prefer to get a few rides in first. Thanks , forum has helped me a ton so far.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: False Neutral

Post by 6 Riders »

Don't shift above 4th? :lol:
You might have a slightly bent shift fork in the case. Or, try using a gear oil/better transmission fluid. I used LE Trans fluid for a long time, bikes shifted great, changes to an ORV transfluid, bike shifted like sh...crap. I recently changed to Belray Gearsaver, bikes shift better, but not as smooth as the LE. I used Honda oils in the wifes and boys bikes (Hondas) and the shift like crap to me.....Change the trans fluid out, ride and change it again...this will help remove that Honda oil residue. Could be it.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
spam16v
Supporting Member

False Neutral

Post by spam16v »

Trying that now with some atf-f, trying to buy time to go out for a rip to try and then change it again. Thanks
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

False Neutral

Post by scheckaet »

Some bike don t like a specific type or brand of oil. My drz does not work well on cheapo 10w40 that my kdx uses. I d find false neutral allll the time. Never on the kdx. Try atf for a couple oil changes. It takes awhile to flush everything out.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I don't use type F, if that matters to you at all.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
spam16v
Supporting Member

Post by spam16v »

Type F is quick & easy to get, gonna try it.
newbbewb
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by newbbewb »

I use the pro honda 80w/85w in both kdx powered bikes. works great. I had some left over bel-ray from my (boring) KLR days that I had to use in a pinch in the kdx200. You would not believe the words and sentences that were coming from my mouth, that thing wouldn't kick start or go into gear for $hit with it. In the KLR, the stuff was magic. I think it just depends on the bike.

When the kicker lets go on the kick, you know you've got the wrong stuff in the case, at least for a kdx
93 kdx200-Highly modified
89 kx125/kdx200E engine
Buelldustin@gmail.com