Performance CDI box

Got questions? We got answers....
kdxproject90

Performance CDI box

Post by kdxproject90 »

OK, so I'm gonna need a new CDI. I've seen a few posts about people getting the "dragonfly" or "wolf pack" CDI and I'm curious as to what people thought about them (durability, performance, price, ect.). I know an OEM can get a little pricey new and I don't really want to pay a huge amount, I'm just ready to ride! I've found a few on ebay, used of course, for around 100 bucks. I really don't know how much a performance CDI is or where to find one though. What is the best route to go about this? I'd like new and more performance of course but I don't want to break the bank doing it. Is the performance CDI worth the money? Is buying a used one on ebay a waste of money?
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Re: Performance CDI box

Post by ICRage42 »

we got a member jaguar that makes his own performance cdi and also explains it to a t.

Really you shoulda just posted in the wanted section or parts section and you would of been riding for a lot cheaper.

IMO the stock setup is more then fine. I haven't had a performance cdi in a lot of quads and I had one in a Chinese bike before too. The problem with stock cdis in most cases there is a huge performance gain because of the limitations set up by the factory. With the kdx I don't think it was limited or much so really there wouldn't be a huge performance gain.

I think the most you can get is from the other mods. The air striker carb or even electron carbs, rb head mod, expansion pipe and silence....etc. That is where youll gain the most I believe.

Jauguar pops on from time to time. Hes super whiz at the stuff. I myself would have to see it on a dyno tho.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
osobad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Performance CDI box

Post by osobad »

Dradonfly and Jaguar are the same I believe. I have used them and they do give a little boost but not overwelming. You can use the jumpers to change the mapping on it. Very simple device. I put silicone inside the replicas I made afew years ago just for peice of mind. IMO I think it is a great alt to a bad OEM