Newbie question

Got questions? We got answers....
terricksa

Newbie question

Post by terricksa »

Hi all, I am new to this site but have been looking for a KDX for a while now since my son got his little lt80 quad so i can ride with him. The only problem is I am on a bit of a budget but have been watching craigslist.
This has popped up today and am wondering if I shoudl pounce on it. I figured I would come to the experts for advice on this years model.

Here is a link to the ad

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/4500002312.html

Any help is great appreciated
Brom32

Re: Newbie question

Post by Brom32 »

Looks ok. Try to get an h series mostly because of parts availablity

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
04 Kdx200 w/ PC Platinum 2
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Newbie question

Post by scheckaet »

looks okish depending on its condition and how much time and money you wanna put in...
this one looks rough judging by the faded plastics...

if you can fork a bit more dough (800-1000), you could get a newer model E serie or even H if you're patient and lucky. I see h serie popping up around here all the time for 1200, you could get it for a 1000 i'm sure.
sarrant

Newbie question

Post by sarrant »

I can't tell too much by the picture, but it looks pretty good/complete to me.

1986 is the first year of the C-series KDX with a KIPS powervalve and disc front brake. It was made through 1988.

The C-Series are great bikes. They are lighter and smaller than any later model, and still make good power (but not quite as good).

The known achilles heel on the Air-cooled models seems to be magnetos breaking apart from either age or improper removal tools. The other noteworthy maintenance issue is that bearings for the rear linkage are unique and hard to locate. But some of the guys over in the air-cooled section of this site have found some alternative sources. You may search there.