Strange buzzing noise

Got questions? We got answers....
NewKDX

Strange buzzing noise

Post by NewKDX »

Is this normal sound of the KDX, I brought the KDX out of winter storage and fired her up and I notice a weird buzzing noise when the bike returns to idle after high RPM's. Let me know what you think or if I am just being to worried and everything is tightened up to spec on the bike nothing is loose I have went over everything. watch the video below

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Strange buzzing noise

Post by bufftester »

The infamous KIPS rattle. Totally normal
G22inSC
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Strange buzzing noise

Post by G22inSC »

You need to look at all your exhaust mounts. Hard to tell from the moving camera, but it appears as though your upper pipe mount (near the fuel tank) is not tight. Looks like a lot of vibration/movement with the pipe which can lead to issues.

Just watched your other YouTube video. Before you go any further, you really need to fix the entire exhaust system. You should not have the movement you do. Tighten it all down before you start chasing other possible sounds.
'05 Kaw KDX200 ('00 KX125 forks / '02 RM125 Showa "K2" shock)
'14 Yam YZ125(x) (oldest boy's)
'22 Yam YZ125X (youngest boy's)
'17 Yam YZ85 (soon to be FOR SALE)
'10 Honda Recon (wife's)
'08 Kaw KX65 (Sold)
'07 KTM 50SX Sr. (Sold)
'09 Yam PW50 (retired)
'97 Kaw KX250 (Sold)

Gallery

2005 KDX200 Bike Profile
cornishwrecker220

Strange buzzing noise

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

KIPS rattle is normal but you have a strange buzzing sound too....I recommend you check your exhaust guard as sometimes the little fingers bend & almost touch the pipe, this will make a buzzing sound along with any stones that may have got caught up inside....when you rev the bike hold the pipe guard in various places, if the buzzing stops then your on the right track. :wink: