Clutch is driving me NUTS !!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXrider32

Clutch is driving me NUTS !!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Post by KDXrider32 »

I have rebuit my bottom end , and had a mechanic who is a KTM certified rebuild it so I would know it was done right ! It runs great but when I pull in the clutch lever the rear wheel seems to not disengage when its on the stand the tire still spins like its in gear , while its on the stand is this normal ? The clutch arm is in the right position per the manual , it has be completely readjusted ,SPRINGS <PLATES<AND BASKET Iis in spec dont have anymore options ! :twisted:
adam728
Supporting Member

Re: Clutch is driving me NUTS !!!!!! PLEASE HELP

Post by adam728 »

Pretty normal. There's still oil between the plates wirling around transfering motion, so when the rear wheel is in the air there's very little resistance to stop it from turning.
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

Post by Mayor Brap Brap »

This drove me nuts as well, as every bike I've ever owned has been able to be pushed around the shop in a cold state with the clutch lever in. Neutral is the only way to go with this bike. Until you warm it up--then you can push it around with the clutch in.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Perfectly normal.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yep completely normal, KDXs always feel like they are dragging the clutch a little when pulled and in gear, on the stand it will spin all day.