Got questions? We got answers....
Brom32

Post by Brom32 »

I'm 13 (almost 14) and am going to start doing enduro and hare scrambles. But got wondering what the age ranges are in the 200cc class. Their age doesn't really matter too me but just got wondering.
04 Kdx200 w/ PC Platinum 2
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by SS109 »

As far as I know most sanctioning bodies don't have a defined age group for the 200 class. I know our local series you could see anyone from about your age to someone in their 70's running in the 85-200cc class.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by Gotanubike »

The kDX200 is an intermediate class dirt bike. You'd be surprised at how much power one of these bikes will have. I have buddies in their 30's who ride 250r honda 4 strokes who are continually surprised how much pull the KDX200 has around the track

It's not unreasonable to think a minor 9'er couldn't handle one but be prepared for a bit of a surprise. :mrgreen: You always have time to grow into it right? But a lot people, including the pros stick to and prefer even 125cc 2 stroke bikes
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
Brom32

Re: Age

Post by Brom32 »

That's kinda what I thought for age. The guy we bought it from one Cl said that the reason he was selling it was because he flew off a jump and broke a collar bone, hip, and someother not so fun injuries

And I am already 6ft so the size isn't too bad. Short legs for hopping on suck
04 Kdx200 w/ PC Platinum 2
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Most organizing bodies run a mix of class and age groups. I know for our Enduro series you can run an age group (i.e.: Super senior 50-59, Senior 40-49, etc) or a displacement class (i.e.: Open A, 200B, Open C, etc) that has no age restrictions. Usually you start out as a C rider the first season and move up from there, with most of the age groups for us old guys lol. Regardless, you're at the perfect age to start so get out and ride as often as you can.
jerry malbeck

Post by jerry malbeck »

If your wondering about your bikes ability to keep up , My son is 14 and weighs 115 LBS with gear he is keeping up with Older guys in their 20's that are riding 450's. This is cross country sage brush stuff . The power to weight ratio is going to work in your favor . The suspension is the key , we set his up just for him and that alone made a huge diffrence, When your bike will handle well it boosts your confidence and that will make you much smoother and faster . get your suspension dialed in and you will love the KDX.Glad to see you going the Enduro Hare Scramble route, Just remember to practice your Technical low speed balance ETC . that will make you much faster at speed . Most great Enduro riders started out riding Trials . Get good technique and you will be hard to beat . HAVE FUN !!!!!!!
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

That's great advice right there ^

My dad used to tell my brother and I all the time "go slow to get fast". Of course, it was usually just before he led us into some nightmare, technical, singletrack full of rocks and logs that Paul Bunyan would have walked around...but he was right nonetheless! :bravo: