new to me 1991 KDX200

Got questions? We got answers....
bsd100

new to me 1991 KDX200

Post by bsd100 »

Just picked up A 91 KDX200 got it started and now have a few questions.
The bike fires up first kick and revs smooth but it dose not have the top end i would expect out of a 2 stroke, both of the side power valves are broken, should i also be looking at the carb and reeds? (first 2 stroke)
Everything i have been reading about power valve leeds me to believe that most people don't know they broke the valve until they take the head off, is it not that noticeable of a difference in power? Is it bad to ride that bike with these valves broken?
Can anyone identify this expansion chamber, tell me anything about it?
i this it says XSI or PSI racing
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

new to me 1991 KDX200

Post by KDXGarage »

bsd100 wrote:Just picked up A 91 KDX200 got it started and now have a few questions.
The bike fires up first kick and revs smooth but it dose not have the top end i would expect out of a 2 stroke, both of the side power valves are broken, should i also be looking at the carb and reeds? (first 2 stroke)
Everything i have been reading about power valve leeds me to believe that most people don't know they broke the valve until they take the head off, is it not that noticeable of a difference in power? Is it bad to ride that bike with these valves broken?
Can anyone identify this expansion chamber, tell me anything about it?
i this it says XSI or PSI racing
No top end usually means bad KIPS

PSI Racing brand pipe

I don't know if they are still around or not, but made pipes for several different bikes. Cool to have one though!!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128