down the road

Got questions? We got answers....
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

down the road

Post by kx200 »

Some day parts will dry up for the KDX. :sad: So what are you going to ride next? Stay with Kawasaki (only 2 choice as of now 250f or450f). Or jump to the orange side and ride their 200?
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: down the road

Post by bufftester »

I grew up green, and have a sufficient horde of parts to keep my hybrid running for quite a while....however.... I had the chance to ride a Beta RR Enduro 2T Racing 300 recently and will quickly deny any allegations that I am saving my spare change :lol: That thing was like going from a mid-60s Camaro to a modern day version Camaro...It's still fast, it's still fun to drive, but it does it all with so much less effort. Add in that it comes stock with FMF full exhaust, 48 mm Marzocchi front end, Dual mapped CDI, and a good, old, trusty PWK36 carb. Plus it's not orange :? The TMs are nice too, we have a decent dealer in the area for support, but they are spendy.
sarrant

Re: down the road

Post by sarrant »

My '94 KDX is my new-fangled ride with the good parts availability.

I'm still regularly riding and finding parts for my other dirt bikes: '82 IT175, '70 AJS Stormer, and '68 Rickman-Zundapp, So I'm probably good for a while.
TheJackRabbit
Supporting Member

down the road

Post by TheJackRabbit »

my GasGas 200 really does feel like what kawi would have done if they kept making the kdx, perimeter frame, removable subframe, inverted forks
http://www.youtube.com/allthatstuff35 <--- some KDX videos here
I'm smarter than I act
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

down the road

Post by Fitterman24 »

Replace that fugly orange with green plastics and feign ignorance? There's lots of KAWASAKI stickers on Fleabay. I'm sure there are plenty of people that will lose their sanity, for just that instant, and sell their KDX to one of us so that they can buy a pumpkin.
avgKDXjoe

down the road

Post by avgKDXjoe »

I love my KDX's and I'll always have them around but my next (new) bike would be GasGas or KTM for sure.
'04 KDX 200
'01 KDX 200 (current project)
kx200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

down the road

Post by kx200 »

I do have a 2012 KX250F with a Rekluse and I does work really good when it gets hard and dry. The duel fuel injector set up works really good.
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

down the road

Post by s10gto »

I hear what you are saying ,but I think it will be a very long time. My friend is restoring a 82 KDX250 B1 aircool. Many parts are 82 only ,but we are finding them. She will be done soon. Will post pic's. :grin: